Re: Entering in the new cheat does not unlock anything new

by MDianaSims

Original Post

Entering in the new cheat does not unlock anything new

★ Apprentice

According to the patch notes I should be able to "Open the cheat console and type in "bb.showliveeditobjects" to enable the cheat." I have updated my game, disabled all of my mods and removed them from the mod folder. I have even typed in testingcheats.true and bb.showhiddenobjects which work as expected, but when I type in bb.showliveeditobjects nothing happens, nothing new appears in the catalog and I have looked through each and every possible menu of items. This cheat does not work! Where are all the 1200+ new objects?

Message 1 of 3 (545 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue.

I can get some of the items when I search for a specific word, like "rock" or "world" but only a handful of items that actually have that word in their title. I've tried several other word like "cat" or "trailer" or "car" but those don't bring up any items that aren't normally visible even though we know this new cheat is supposed to unlock items that could have that description. And none of them have a globe icon like the items did in the live stream on July 12th.

I've removed all my mods before updating, playing in a brand new save.

Message 2 of 3 (521 Views)

★ Guide

Well, thanks to this article on Simscommunity, I figured out how to get to the items.

But that still doesn't changed the fact that they aren't labeled, or that you need several other cheats to get to them.

Message 3 of 3 (485 Views)