Re: Energy Need Not Decaying

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Energy Need Not Decaying

★ Novice

I am having a problem with my family, it seems that their energy will decay a small amount but then go back up to a full bar. All of their other needs will decay at a normal rate. I have tried removing my mods and CC. This is really annoying as my sims aren't sleeping more than 5 sim minutes.

Message 1 of 5 (2,104 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,380 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,381 Views)

★ Novice

The problem was a custom trait, when I downloaded it, it didn't list the affects it had on the sims. Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 5 (2,079 Views)

★★ Novice

Can't believe the same bug still appears to me after a year and I couldn't even file a bug report.

Message 4 of 5 (1,983 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
For OP it was actually a mod causing the issue.

Did you try the suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,975 Views)