Re: Endless loading screen

by crinrict

Original Post

Endless loading screen

★★ Novice

When i click on my household it gets stuck on a endless loading screen, i cant exit so i have to end task. I restarted my whole game from the beginning but still moved my mods. i couldnt  find someone with the same problem as me. Please help.

Message 1 of 12 (686 Views)

Hero

Hi @asheidenbe17

I'm guessing this is about Sims 4 ? I found this in the A way out forum so not 100% sure.

If it is, are you using any mods/cc in your game ? Have you tried if it works without them ?

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (666 Views)

★★ Novice

I took all my mods out to see if it would be different but the endless loading when clicking on my sims household still occurs. I have no idea how to fix this i have  already tried to repair and restart. 

Message 3 of 12 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I’d like to suggest that you delete the cache files to see if that might resolve the issue. Crinrict
has explained how to delete cache files on their site here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

I think it’s especially important to delete the localthumbcache.package when taking out incompatible mods.

Good Luck!
Message 4 of 12 (647 Views)

Hero

Hi

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (629 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive already done this before asking for help. And I tried what the person said above you. Maybe my computer needs to updated and its causing it to go slow? 

Message 6 of 12 (618 Views)

★★ Novice

Also this all started happening when i got the seasons and then updated my game.

Message 7 of 12 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This was happening to me before the patch today (and now my game doesn't work what-so-ever) and it was the UI Cheats Extension mod that needed updating. Hope you have it and the update works, but definitely don't let your game update to latest patch! 

EDIT: Removed mod link. Please only name mods, linking is against AHQ TOS

Message 8 of 12 (604 Views)

Hero

So you tested this on a fresh save with nothing put back and still get the issue ? Just making sure as you said before you only removed the mods folder so wanna make sure about the cache files.

Also does it happen on any household or only a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (587 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. And it happens with any household and when i make a sim and put them into a house it still has endless loading.

Message 10 of 12 (568 Views)