Re: Endless loading screen 11/17/20

by epiceuph

Original Post

Endless loading screen 11/17/20

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the star wars one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know if this is specific to my game or not
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to the main menu, click play, select my household and click play again, and then I am stuck on and endless loading screen. I can hear the music that plays when you are first able to start playing with your sim, but the loading screen continues.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to actually play the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the snowy escape released, my game crashed mid-play and has not been playable since that crash.

I have no CC or mods, and this is still happening after the 11/17 patch that was supposed to fix the crash issues.

Message 1 of 20 (1,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@epiceuph Could you right-click on the game and hit repair game.

If this doesn't help, was this happening before yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (1,368 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried repair but it didn't work. Yes, this has happened since I got snowy escape and experienced my first crash.

Message 3 of 20 (1,302 Views)

Hero
@epiceuph Maybe the save corrupted when the game crashed.

Can you start a different or new one ? Does that work? Do you have backups you could try ?

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This problem is happening for me too, and it also happen after the patch for snowy escape. I had been in the middle of playing when my sim began getting hung up on what ever action it was currently doing, I did the trick I had figured out to fix that by switching out between live and build mode to fix the hang up, but the next action would get stuck.

This happened over and over, so I decided to restart the game, but when I did that the same thing happened to me, I could load up the game fine but when I went to household it would stay on a endless loading screen. So these are the steps I took from there.

I removed the newest mods, then I removed all mods, then I repaired the game, then I made a new household to play, I restarted and scanned my computer.

I tried starting up and playing the game after each step and nothing made a difference.

Message 5 of 20 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as Bloodluvingirl, My sim would get stuck on actions and not do anything. I saved and quit and I can't get back into the game, it's just that endless load screen.

Message 6 of 20 (1,255 Views)

Hero
@Bloodluvingirl @pkfb269

Did the game clock freeze ?

How large is your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (1,250 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think the clock froze because when my sim freezes like this it's annoying because the time just keeps speeding by as they stand there stuck on and action, and this is a new save and I only have this one household so far.

Message 8 of 20 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I didn't notice until the very last time that my game crashed, but yes the clcok froze too. I had a family of 5 sims and one was stuck dancing and wouldn't stop, the others were just stood still. I couldn't click on anything, switch to other sims at all. I could open the menu to save and exit though. This save file is 56,042Kb

Message 9 of 20 (1,245 Views)

Hero
@pkfb269 how big are the backup files ? (ver0 - ver4) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (1,241 Views)