Endless loading due to accidental saves

by awkwardsilence04

Original Post

Endless loading due to accidental saves

★★ Novice

Last week, my computer was being super slow, so I saved my game and restarted my computer.  When I logged back in, I couldn't access Newcrest, Willow Creek, and Oasis Springs, and I do not have any expansion packs so I was not able to play.  I saved, shut down my computer and then didn't try again.  Next time I logged in, I tried to create a new Sim.  Once I created them, the neighborhoods were still missing, so I saved and left.  When I tried to get back into the Sims today, there were over 3,000 saved games for that Sim.  Then, when I tried to access any of my households, the game never stoped loading, I think the game is so slow because of the 3,000 saves,  Can someone please help me clear out all of those saves and be able to access my games?   Thanks!

Message 1 of 15 (483 Views)

Re: Endless loading due to accidental saves

Champion (Retired)
Please try repairing the game by right clicking it in Origin and selecting Repair.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (471 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @awkwardsilence04,

3,000 saved games! That's really strange! If repairing the game didn't work, I'd go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves and make sure you don't have thousands of files in there.

If there's lots of files, modified date should give you an idea of which ones are duplicates. Instead of deleting any of them, create a folder in your Desktop and move them there. Just in case you remove something and want to restore it later Wink

Let us know how that goes!
-Mai
Message 3 of 15 (395 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay, so I tried moving files like you suggested, but now, it's still loading forever, and whenever I open my computer it automatically goes to the loading screen and stays there.
Message 4 of 15 (381 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 15 (374 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag.  Also, when I looked back at the saves there were 16,000, as they were being generated instantly for some reason.  They were just jumping into the file out of nowhere. Is it normal for literally hundreds of saves to be saved to the save file instantly?  Thanks!

Message 6 of 15 (361 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's the DxDiag.  Also, when I looked back at the saves there were 16,000, as they were being generated instantly for some reason.  They were just jumping into the file out of nowhere. Is it normal for literally hundreds of saves to be saved to the save file instantly?  Thanks!

Message 7 of 15 (360 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@catmcnuggetsdo you think you might have the same problem as @awkwardsilence04?
Both of you seem to have this weird save-issue..

catmcnugget's thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-isn-t-loading-taking-forever-to-load/td-p/65338...

Message 8 of 15 (354 Views)

★★ Novice
Since clearing files didn't help to speed up loading, is the infinite loading because of the constantly saving games? Thanks!
Message 9 of 15 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@awkwardsilence04

For some reason your processor is not listed however since the rest of your computer is below minimum requirements I suspect that your processor is as well. Please read this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC/...

Message 10 of 15 (325 Views)