Original Post

Highlighted

Endless bath and showers

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a shower or bath
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims never stop showering or bathing. They will spend all day or longer in shower or bath until you tell it to stop. And you never get the benefits of a soak or a thoughtful shower. It takes your money for a soak but you get nothing out of it.
What do you expect to see? A never ending shower or bath
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The sims never stop bathing or showering. It’s really annoying. Their hygiene never increases. If you let your sim try to clean up until they are clean they will die of hunger first even with a full hunger bar. 

[Admin - updated game version in template]

Message 1 of 14 (997 Views)

Re: Endless bath and showers

Hero

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496 

There was a bug with shower/tubs combos but that has been fixed and shouldn't occur anymore, so please make sure your game is updated to the current version (which is 1.62.67)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (948 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope you can see the picture. But if not it’s GameVersion 1.62.67.1020

Message 3 of 14 (914 Views)

Hero
@giggles719 Could you try repairing your game then to see if the issue persists ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (881 Views)

★★ Novice

I did repair the game twice. After I repaired it them other things started to not end like they are suppose to. Such as potty training a toddler. When the parents first potty train the toddler they will sit/stand there until the toddler reaches level 3. And even then I have to manually stop the potty training session. 

Message 5 of 14 (853 Views)

Hero
@giggles719 Could you test a fresh save for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue ?

Maybe also a different household in the same save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (817 Views)

★★ Novice

Took out my current save file and started the game again and played a new sim with a new save. And still the same issues. 

Message 7 of 14 (775 Views)

Hero
@giggles719 What kind of shower are you using ? Did you test several ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (748 Views)

★★ Novice

I used one that came with the house. I bought a new one still didn’t work. Bought a tub. Didn’t work. I also used the toilet and that’s never ending too. I replaced that as well and it didn’t work. And not only are these things never ending but the bar does not fill either. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game to see if that would work and it didn’t. 

Message 9 of 14 (721 Views)

Hero

HI @giggles719 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (705 Views)