Re: Endless Loading - Sunset Valley and Riverview

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Endless Loading - Sunset Valley and Riverview

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I was trying to start a new game in Riverview (freshly downloaded and installed from official sims 3 store), but all I got was endless loading cycle with the green bar almost reaching the end. There is no error, no message, the game will just run the loading forever (sidenote: the CPU usage in task manager is reported as 100% during the loading???) before I force it to shut down with task manager. Same goes for Sunset Valley. I have no saves in either world, I just haven't played them since I last re-installed my Sims 3 from Origin.

These are the only 2 worlds affected, every other neighbourhood loads fine. Interactive loading screens are OFF.

Patch : 1.69
Expansions : World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Island Paradise, University, Ambitions, Pets

System : Windows 7

Message 1 of 2 (287 Views)

Re: Endless Loading - Sunset Valley and Riverview

@Inq_Katarina  Try pulling your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can start a new save in Sunset Valley, great; now you can install Riverview again and try loading it as well.

While you're troubleshooting, be sure to delete the five cache files inside the game folder every time you quit the game.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, as they tend to fill up with stale data.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If Riverview loads as well, you can start transferring any content you want to keep from your old folder into your new folder.  Move the files over in batches, testing each time (and deleting the cache files afterwards).  If a batch prevents a new save from loading, you'll need to split and test again until you've found the problem file(s).  Here's a list of everything you'll find in your game folder, including descriptions of what you might want to keep:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If you can't even load a new save in a clean game folder, either Sunset Valley or Riverview, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Since you're on Windows 7, it won't list the usual errors, but there's another way to get useful information.  Please see this post (written by someone who really knows what he's doing) for instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Anthem-help/m-p/7684157#M22660

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)