by Ellie827

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Electronics stop working after recieving blank notification

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? On Wednesday my sim gets up and no matter what she does, everytime at 9:07 - 9:10 AM I recieve blank notification and immediately lights go off and can't be turned on, TV, laptop, hi-fi can't be used and can only be upgraided, almost every meal in fridge menu is greyed out (except for salads - I suppose oven stops working too). I play in czech so I thought it's blank because of that, but even after setting my game to english it remained blank. If my sim uses the computer or TV, few seconds after the bug they turn it off and can't use it anymore. Also everytime my household loads up, I get orange error message from MCCC and creates lastException.txt. I looked at it everytime, I deleted mods it was referring to but now it doesn't refer to any mod so I don't know what else I can do.
What do you expect to see? This shouldn't happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello,

this is the first time something like this happened in my game. I got this "last exception error" many times, but the game seemed fine. If only I could see what's in that blank message. That would make things a lot easier Standard smile 

Message 1 of 3 (194 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Electronics stop working after recieving blank notification

★★ Novice

It's solved.

The problem was, my sim didn't pay bills so they cut off electricity. I realised it after seeing the "Pay bills" interaction on her phone, even though I was sure I clicked on it before (mod for lower bills caused that sims can't pay bills through phone and also caused the blank notification). I feels so stupid right now for not realising it before :D anyway, thanks for quick reply. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Have you tried removing all your mods and tried without ?

Reports in the bug forum should always be on unmodded games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

★★ Novice

It's solved.

The problem was, my sim didn't pay bills so they cut off electricity. I realised it after seeing the "Pay bills" interaction on her phone, even though I was sure I clicked on it before (mod for lower bills caused that sims can't pay bills through phone and also caused the blank notification). I feels so stupid right now for not realising it before :D anyway, thanks for quick reply. 

Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)