Electronic Arts folder is gone - PLEASE HELP!

by Katashi93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Electronic Arts folder is gone - PLEASE HELP!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yesterday I installed the newest update with Strangerville. Until that moment my game was running fine for years with tons of CC, which I can't live without. After the update I launched the game but it turned out all data got removed somehow and all my saves and CC was gone. I exited the game, went to Documents folder only to find that Electronic Arts folder... is still there and looking fine. I launched the game again, started a new family and made some saves with them, then exited to main menu, clicked on "load save" and from there I checked where those saves actually are. The directory was C / Users / (my username) / Documents / Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4. I exited the game and went to the exact same location but the Electronic Arts folder IS NOT THERE! 

Clearly it DOES exist somewhere in my PC and the game uses it instead of my old EA folder. But the problem is that I tried everything and I am not able to locate it in any way! It wouldn't be such a huge deal if I didn't need any CC, because in general the game is working perfectly well, new saves too, but I just have no idea where should I put the mods now if the folder is nowhere to be found :/

I browsed some topics about it, a lot of people suggested that the reason can be OneDrive but I don't even have it. I suspected that all this happened because yesterday I also changed the user name on my laptop. The load save option in the game shows that EA folder is in my previous username. I even changed the name to the one I had before but that changed nothing. The saves are still in the game but EA folder is just gone. Reinstalling the game completely also didn't help.

Any ideas? What should I do?

(my system is Windows 7, if that could help)

Message 1 of 5 (1,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Electronic Arts folder is gone - PLEASE HELP!

★★ Novice

Alright, my friend helped me solve the problem!

If anyone will have such issues, here it is:

We found the EA folder in C / VTRoot / HarddiskVolume2 / Users / (name) / Documents / Electronic Arts

VTRoot is some folder that is normally hidden, I have no idea why the game files decided to jump in there :P 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,198 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Alright, my friend helped me solve the problem!

If anyone will have such issues, here it is:

We found the EA folder in C / VTRoot / HarddiskVolume2 / Users / (name) / Documents / Electronic Arts

VTRoot is some folder that is normally hidden, I have no idea why the game files decided to jump in there :P 

Message 2 of 5 (1,199 Views)

Hero
Looks like that's some folder the Comodo Internet Security program creates.

Are you actively using that ?

That is good to know though. Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,196 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I have been using Comodo since years but it's the first time that such situation occurred.

If anyone has a similar problem - check Comodo's sandbox, because the game is opened through that. EA folder was kicked out to VTRoot as "not trusted" and was blocked due to possible changes it could make to the system.

All you have to do is remove it from sandbox, then EA folder comes back to Documents folder Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (1,170 Views)

Hero
That is great information.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,166 Views)