Re: Elder sim won’t die of old age

by crinrict

Original Post

Elder sim won’t die of old age

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the current expansion packs, Parenthood, Vampires, and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play an Elder until you get the notification that their time is almost up or when their age bar is fully filled.
What happens when the bug occurs? The elder sim lives past the date they are supposed to die. There is also an elder sim in my sim’s family tree who should probably be long dead at this point.
What do you expect to see? When their age bar fills up, they die of old age within the day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently had an elder sim who didn’t die when his age bar filled up like he was supposed to. I ultimately drowned him because I didn’t want him to live forever. Also, his wife’s mother’s aunt is still alive despite being an elder and his wife’s brother dying normally of old age.

Message 1 of 6 (12,881 Views)

Hero
They can live past the bar. I have one live for 1200 SimDays on long.

But are you saying you got a message that they're going to die and they didn't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (12,871 Views)

Hero

@RosesAndSugar

Did you see my question above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (12,826 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (12,804 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm getting a similar, problem, my Elder sim is about to pass away, she has finished her bonus days obviously. But if I play her, she will live forever, but off-screen and and if I switch to another, she will die with a messagebox, but I have been playing this sim for over 5 real time years and I will like to witness it. It's quite frustrating, 

Message 5 of 6 (10,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim won’t die!! He’s an elder and is out living his  brother  sisters mom dad wife!! He is an athlete sim but he can’t stay alive forever!! I love my sims so much but I don’t want them to over populate the world! I tried to reset them or maybe I should give him a youth potion to re start his life bar? Can someone please help!

Message 6 of 6 (9,850 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help