Re: [TO TEST] Edge-Smoothing No Longer Working

by mirtamirtamirta

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Edge-Smoothing No Longer Working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I kind of have this problem too except I noticed it several months ago. Objects like fridges, and stoves have weird lines on them where the shadows should be. I have edge smoothing on high and I don't think it should look like that. I've tested with turning edge smoothing off, and the lines get a lot worse so it mostly works, just not everywhere. You can see in this picture the lines behind the fridge. They go away if I zoom in really close, but otherwise they are always there. 

Message 11 of 15 (1,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@simvasion - Thank you, THANK YOU!! That totally worked! I also turned Anisotropic Filtering to be Application-Controlled just in case. Thanks again!! 

@Evie0602 - I'm sorry you were having a similar issue. Maybe this trick will help too!

Message 12 of 15 (999 Views)

★ Guide

I tried changing both anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering to be application controlled and it didn't make any difference. I guess my issue is different. Should I make a new thread or can I keep posting here? I recorded a video of what happens when I move my camera. Look at the top of the fridge and microwave. https://youtu.be/e4HJkMmSzS4

I'm sorry that the video is still kind of blurry so it's probably hard to see what the issue is. I'm not sure why it's like that. 

Message 13 of 15 (974 Views)

Hero

I moved this thread to tech as it was solved.

I would make a new thread here in this section (instead of the bug forum) and post your specs as well. Someone might be able to assist you.

@Evie0602

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 15 (969 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Edge-Smoothing No Longer Working

★ Novice

I have the same exact issue with my game for a few monhts :/

Message 15 of 15 (727 Views)