by rcketbarrage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Echoing sound glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I closed my laptop with Sims 4 running, and when I opened it back up again all the sound was echo-y.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sound in my game won't stop echoing. The music, the Sims' voices, when I click anything -- all of it echoes. It sounds really creepy.
What do you expect to see? The sound shouldn't be echoing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Video I posted on Twitter showing the issue

Message 1 of 9 (7,850 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Echoing sound glitch

★★ Novice

Hi, so I tried that, but also noticed that I had some weird playback devices installed on my computer so I deleted those and one of the two things worked! Thanks so much for your help! (I'm good with moving the save files over to the new directory folder).

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (8,276 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @rcketbarrage,

Not that I know how they sound but... that does indeed sound like aliens!

Let's see if we can fix it. You mention you closed the laptop with the game running. Have you already tried to turn off the computer completely, turn it on again and open the game to see if the problem is still there?

-Mai

Message 2 of 9 (7,829 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I tried that and the sound was still having the same issue. It's weird because the issue isn't happening with any other application.

Message 3 of 9 (7,818 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for confirming, @rcketbarrage, and also for letting us know it is happening just with the game.

Could you please go to Documents > Electronic Arts and rename 'The Sims 4' folder as 'The Sims 4 strange sounds'? When you open the game after that, you will see it was reset, but don't worry, your Sims and saved games are save in the folder we renamed.

Is sound back to normal? Standard smile

If so, I'll explain how to get your saved games back Wink

-Mai

Message 4 of 9 (7,816 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, so I tried that, but also noticed that I had some weird playback devices installed on my computer so I deleted those and one of the two things worked! Thanks so much for your help! (I'm good with moving the save files over to the new directory folder).

Message 5 of 9 (8,277 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me too. I've tried the fix and Imported my saves but it's still echoing. I've restarted my PC and started afresh. Same as OP, music sounds fine but any object or SIM noise is distorted

Message 6 of 9 (6,929 Views)

Hero

Hi @StephRumney 

Do you maybe also have some devices installed on your computer that could cause the issue like the OP said ?

If not, it might be best if you created a new thread. This one was solved and is a bit old so it's best if you have your own.

Please include your Computer's DxDiag as well.

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (6,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I get me saved game back?

Message 8 of 9 (4,955 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @V100704 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (4,930 Views)