Ea support

by haslador

Original Post

Ea support

★★ Novice

What kind of joke support does ea have? i give a support ticket about unstabilty in a game and asking if there is a way to solve it, and they fully 100% ignore the ticket and ask for a error code.

When your on the ea support page and look at support tickets, you cant view your ticket at all and you cant view there response, you can only see the broad range you picked about the ticket.

I get doing it threw email, but come on support who takes 3 days to message you, and dont know what in the hell its even about when they do, and im sure every single time we respond its a 3 day wait, i bet 1 support ticket takes weeks to get any where with a joke setup like this.

Message 1 of 8 (727 Views)

Re: Ea support

Community Manager
Hey @haslador,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the issue is that you're experiencing, so I won't be able to help you with this. However, maybe I can shine some light on requesting assistance via email.

When you submit a ticket about that something is crashing, it's very common that this also generates an error code that is shown, an error code can usually point directly towards what the issue is. Therefore, support also asks you if there's an error generated, because this will help when (and you) to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Regarding why it takes some time before you receive a reply; this is common if you send in an email, emails are being handled on a 'first come first serve' basis. If you would like to receive a faster reply, I recommend getting in touch with support via live support, which is either chat or phone (availability depends on region you're in), which can be found via https://help.ea.com/contact-us. This is also a link to the direct live chat: https://bit.ly/EAChatSupport.

Hope this explains a few things.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 8 (699 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had sims 4 crash over 25 times on me, and not once has it ever given a error code, in fact most games do not give a error code when they crash due to a clash or excessive memory usage.

I also explained in detail in the email what the problem was and what was happening.

Now here is the problem, i bought sims 4 strew steam, to run it i have to have sims 4 + origin + steam open, there is many known classes doing this for example, the overlays, origin is not so bad in this area, but steam like to push this and that randomly spiking disk, while having all 3 running all ready keeps my disk and cpu at 70-80%.

When i get one of them randomly spiking, and this has often happened, steam spikes it, then crap o soft (Microsoft) antii virus spike im at ruffly 95-100% disk, and boom game crash, or game his massive lag spike, or a white screen, all problems that dont generate a code.

To combats steams stupidity on this i all ready told my anti virus to ignore steams folder but only some times does it seem to obey this, so the anti virus seems to be a regular problem in this combo.

So my question to the support was simple, with these crashes and lag spikes i get, is there any way i can cut steam out of running this, after al i bought  the game, and it makes no seance to need 2 launches running just to play it.

Message 3 of 8 (661 Views)

@haslador  Would you like to troubleshoot the Sims 4 issue here?  If so, I can move this thread to the Sims 4 PC tech section, and in that case, please tell your antivirus to specifically whitelist TS4_x64.exe, inside the game's program files, as well as Origin.exe and Steam.exe.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you'd prefer this thread be about the lack of helpful support, then I'll just leave it here and let the EA employees respond.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I use the basic windows anti virus, and i have it ignoring only the steam folder it self, due to it was causing massive strain on my pc, this was due to microsoft anti virus running every time i played a game, and not just when i ran it, but almost every 5 mins it keept running.

At this point when i run sims 4 + origin + steam, i get off and on massive lag even at just the char creation window causing up to 30 seconds lag spikes, when i pop over to the task manger, usually the cpu and disk are low, but i do also often see cases of where steam it self is using up to 90% of my disk space or some other random file.

I can run games like ark survival, skyrim, 7 days to die with out much problem, but soon as i try to run sims 4 i start getting these massive lag spikes, and i think its due to origin and steam not getting along.

For me to whitelist ts4_x64.exe ill need to know its location, due to it seems microsoft antivirus can only ignore by navigating to it, i tryed to google the file location, and found nothing but people saying about corruption. I just added origin.exe to the list to ignore.

Oh and my pc specs.

Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz

Ram 12.0 GB

Windows 10 Pro

Video card Nvidia geforce gt 1030  (up to date drivers as of yesterday)

Oh to add i only play sims 4 + the pets expansion, i dont have any mods.

Also when steam is in offline mode i get a lot less lag.

Message 5 of 8 (534 Views)

@haslador  By default, TS4_x64.exe would be here in a Steam install:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Do you have Steam set to automatically check for and/or download game updates?  If so, please disable that, at least for now.  Please also disable the Steam overlay, at least long enough to test.

Message 6 of 8 (494 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok all the antivirus exceptions are set, and all my games are set by hand to only update when i play, this is to keep games from trying to update while im playing one, also steam overlay is disabled and so is desktop game theater,

All of this was set min the one antivirus exception already, and i was getting lag spikes, i also noticed to day some odd behavior with having 4 sims living under 1 roof, setting max speed often dident feel like it was moving at max, sims keep t randomly stopping what i told them to do and a ? mark was coming up, some food plates had no images so it looked like he was eating from a empty plate.

Them problems seem to start to day, ive been playing with steam in offline mode last few days also, while it seems to help a lot with the lag, im still getting lag bouts about every 10 mins or so, but there not lasting as long, is there any way to play sims with steam off completely?

Message 7 of 8 (485 Views)

@haslador  No, there's no way to play without Steam running if you own Sims 4 through Steam.  And I think it's likely that the in-game issues you're describing are due to Steam's intermittent high disk usage.  At the very least, that's the first cause to rule out.

I don't really know much about troubleshooting Steam itself, but you can start by clearing its download cache, as described here:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/6AD7-820D-8BE5-E51F

If that doesn't help, try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running.  If you accidentally kill the wrong process and it doesn't restart automatically, just reboot your computer.  And don't open anything except for Steam, Origin, and Sims 4, at least not during this initial test.  If it helps, you can start adding back other applications and services.

Message 8 of 8 (471 Views)