Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

by kreatora

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@jeswainston65

Your graphics drivers for your card AMD Radeon HD 7400G are quite old. Look for the latest drivers for this card
https://www.amd.com/en/support

There is an option that update went wrong. Try to fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"

To eliminate the possibility that this issue is caused by an error in your current game folder try doing a factory reset as is described here
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

In addition, you have a problem with another game Redemption Cemetery: Dead Park. Has this problem started parallel to update the Sims?

There were reports of extremely low FPS caused by the Internet. This FPS was so low - below 10 frames per second that the game was almost impossible. Maybe try completely turn off the Internet when you are in the game.

I don't work for EA

Message 51 of 53 (426 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Game is lagging as well since the patch...

I already created a new Sims 4 Folder so there are no mods involved.I tested my performance in a new savegame and my whole gameplay experience feels like playing online with a horrible ping. My Sims would stop moving for a moment and moving my the camera, zooming in or out is not as smooth as it used to be before the update. Having youtube running while playing was also never an issue before. Not it lags even more with music or videos running.

Repairing the game didn't help.

I included my DxDiag as well. 

Message 52 of 53 (358 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I have another computer that's a bit newer, despite having a lot of trouble with it (it's had parts replaced twice). I'm including the dxdiag for this one just to see if this computer can run sims properly or if I need to update drivers.

I do miss being able to play this game.

Message 53 of 53 (311 Views)