Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

by patrikksson

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here is the file you asked for. 

I want solutions from EA, fix the <removed> game, dont you dare tell people including myself "oh not our problem, you have a <removed> computer" NOOOOOO budddy. You dont just change specs without annoucing it first of all. second my game was perfect prior to this stupid patch!! Make this patch optional. everything about it is garbage.

(Edited by CM - see forum rules)

Message 41 of 53 (891 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also if anyone out there has attempted these fixes suggested above and are actually getting the results that they're looking for, or if something else happens entirely, PLEASE let us know. I would like to feel hopeful that all of these suggestions are actually having an impact, because the way this is getting handled right now I'm not sure we'll ever get this problem truly solved as players and community members. I'm going to continue advocating for myself and others in here because I know that we're not the only players dealing with this, we just happen to be the most vocal about it. So if you have found a solution or are dealing with this problem as well, please let them know.

Message 42 of 53 (893 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Michalik2429 

Your PC should have no trouble running the game on medium graphics settings. However your graphics driver is a bit old. You should upgrade visit amd.com to do so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 43 of 53 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Again this should not be an issue. It was 100% fine before patch, I don’t care, I just got my new self built gaming PC, I’m just so sick of EA <removed> over their customers. 

(Edited by CM - see forum rules)

Message 44 of 53 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks,

Firstly. I've done a quick clean up of the thread there. Standard smile Check out our House Rules to make sure you're posting within them and keep in mind Heroes and Champions are not employees of EA, they are players posting on this forum just like you, who are trying to help. While issues with a game is annoying, it's important not to take that frustration out on them or other forum members. We ask and expect everyone to 🌸be kind and polite🌸 on Answers HQ. Wink

Secondly, we need to rule out some things that might be causing an issue starting with whether the PC can run our game/meets minimum requirements. The minimum requirements have not changed since the Patch on July 16th and you can find them listed under the heading "System Requirements" in The Sims 4 on Origin and under each expansion pack too. Simmers can also test if the PC can run a game from the website "Can I run this" and following the instructions on there. The site will compare your specs to the minimum needed for the game and offer recommendations. On our end, DxDiag's can help us see what everyone is working with so we can better understand and then offer advise. From there two things will be confirmed: 

*For those who were given specific advice in the thread already, please give those a go before trying these steps. They might do the trick.  

• The PC does not meet Requirements: If the PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, it will not be able to run the game at the level it will need to in order to get that smooth performance. Sometimes working with the graphics card can help improve performance so please do check out our EA Help article "Troubleshooting Graphics on PC" as it will walk you through troubleshooting the graphics card. Ultimately though, if the hardware is not up to spec there's little else that'll improve it outside of updating the hardware. 
  • The PC does meet requirements: If the PC is up to spec, then something is throwing a spanner in the works and it's time to troubleshoot. Troubleshooting can help fix performance issues such as lag and in the event it doesn't, it helps us rule out some potential causes so it's imperative that if the PC meet requirements the troubleshooting steps are then completed. Please check out the EA Help Article "Connection Troubleshooting" and a Troubleshooting guide from one of AHQ's Heros called "Troubleshooting your Game".

Let us know how you get on with those steps Simmers. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 45 of 53 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay...so I checked to see if my system was able to run the program...AFTER THE PATCH ... and it says everything except the CPU driver is up to date...so I updated the driver yesterday ... it still says the driver is out of date.  So, why could I run the game with no problems BEFORE the patch and now suddenly my system is no longer able to run the game? 

Were the specifications changed in the new patch, and what was the reason for this?  Was it to accommodate Island Living?  If so, what are the players who don't want/have Island living supposed to do when they don't have large wads of cash to go out and get a new cpu or completely new computer?

I sound annoyed, because I am.

Thank you.

Message 46 of 53 (814 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I also experience bad lagging in the game after recent upgrades. Have tried to repair etc.

Attached my DxDiag file. I appreciate any help on solving this issue.

BR

Patrik

Message 47 of 53 (796 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@patrikksson 

Your graphics driver is several years old. Visit amd.com to upgrade it. Also review other possible solutions in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 48 of 53 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @jeswainston65 

Thanks for posting. I mentioned above that the July 16th patch hasn't changed the system requirement:

@EA_Lanna wrote:

The minimum requirements have not changed since the Patch on July 16th and you can find them listed under the heading "System Requirements" in The Sims 4 on Origin and under each expansion pack too.

It's difficult to discern what is happening for you without more information. Could you pop up a DxDiag an expand a bit more about how it started for you and what other steps you have taken so far please?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 49 of 53 (762 Views)

★★ Novice

It started happening right after the patch update....here is the updated dx diag file

Message 50 of 53 (740 Views)