Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Amen! Unbelievable they try and blame you and your PC as the problem. Really?!?

but your pc, my pc was JUST FINE prior. 

I guess logic doesn’t operate within EA and zero accountability. Don’t even get the option like with previous games to reinstall a previous patch. 

Edit to include: I will Be posting my dx file today. And if it gets deleted by you guys then I demand a refund for the game. This customer service is NOT OK. 

Lying and saying people are refusing to post, lying to customers is not ok. YOU guys messed up our games and are trying to pass blame on systems that worked perfectly the day before patch. 

If my new gaming PC has same issue today when I pick it up, I will be angry. Because no way in hell would a cpu Ryzen 3, gigabyte motherboard, fancy ram not be able to run SIMS 4 like a dream. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 31 of 53 (1,094 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: I have noticed that the post in question i thought disappeared has popped up again later. Make sure you check back periodically to see if it is still there. Might just be a glitch in the interface where it disappears and reappears again.

Message 32 of 53 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @pwrhngry432 and @Michalik2429 the only time a post will be removed is if it is in breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines. If this happens then you will receive a direct message from a CM informing you of the remove and any action being taken.

If you post and are unable to see the post then it is most likely the case that your post was caught by the spam filter.

If this happens you just need to let us know and we can unspam it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 33 of 53 (1,065 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@pwrhngry432 

The minimum requirements for the base game has not changed. However recent expansion packs (Cats & Dogs and later) do have a higher minimum requirement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 34 of 53 (1,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok so in theory if i get rid of the later expansion packs (which I don't use that much of anyway) it should work again?

Message 35 of 53 (1,118 Views)

Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JI am havULY PATCH 2019

★★ Novice

I am having the same issues....I have attached my DxDiag file ... hopefully there is a fix for this...I realy want to play my game.

Message 36 of 53 (1,106 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Been having the same issues. This has all occurred since the patch earlier this week. Done all the normal troubleshooting including repairing the game. Even reinstalled everything and still getting extreme lag and generally just running slow. That's on top of the random "The Sims 4 is not responding" issue that occurs mainly on the initial loading screen and occasionally randomly while in-game.  Prior to the patch, I had no issues.

Message 37 of 53 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jeswainston65 Your computer should be able to run the game on low settings. However your graphics driver is several years old. Visit amd.com to upgrade them.

@pwrhngry432 Unfortunately there are no supported way to uninstall the packs. You can try disabling them and see if that works. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

(Posts merged by CM)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 38 of 53 (1,066 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you so much...I will do that.

Message 39 of 53 (1,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will attempt to do this however I don't see this as a potential solution since I'm assuming the pack is still technically installed, you just can't access the content. I'll add it to the list of things I wish EA would fix about this game. Also, on the off chance that I DO get a computer that will meet these minimum requirements, would this command be set on just the computer i use it on, or will it carry over on my origin account? If so I'd also like to know how to reenable those packs.

However, the more and more replies I'm seeing on this thread, I'm realizing that I don't seem to think the expansion packs really made the difference here, since I was playing with all of them installed with no issues. Clearly something has changed with this new patch, since myself and many others are having these issues POST PATCH and not prior. I would suggest that they either severely reconsider this patch and risk alienating a lot of players such as myself or at the very least, reevalute the impact of this patch on the base games minimum requirements and openly announce these changes. At least that way we know what we're getting into with these patches. We also should have the option of opting out of these patches. I'm fully aware that means that we won't be able to play new content as it comes out, but at the very least we'd still be able to play the base game and the packs we already own without worry of being kicked from playing a game we've already sunk money into, and also giving us time to save money for new computers/parts.

Message 40 of 53 (1,023 Views)