Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Michalik2429 

Crinrict had asked you for the dxdiag, earlier, which shows him more than just 'basic' specs.. if you would like his help, please do post them for him, (I notice no-one on this thread has as yet) also if you're new to the 'how' of that, see this post

TIA

Sasha

nb: my game launches fine post-patch.

Message 21 of 53 (889 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why was my game fine before patch and now isn’t. 

I havent posted the thing because I haven’t had time to go into laptop and get copy sent to m y phone 

Maybe ea should mke patches that fix stuff not uselsss patches  break stuff and fix nothing. 

Message 22 of 53 (854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Michalik2429 

Again, as you say 'now it isn't'.. Crinrict needs the dxdiag to help you fix your game, since this is a Technical Help board, you do need to provide the tech' side of things for this, in this case it's the dxdiag, when you can then, to constantly complain when the dxdiag will help clear it up more than likely, is not productive, so get back to us when you have it please. Thumbs up

nb: also, the update has not 'broken' things in the game imo.. my game is running fine.

Message 23 of 53 (837 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic @crinrict I would love to supply the dxdiag, but that only applies to Windows, I play on a Mac. Apologies if I have posted anything rude, but it is frustrating not being able to play something without issue that I've put so much money into. Any suggestions for a Mac user?
Message 24 of 53 (821 Views)

Hero
@Pineapple_Stef Best to post in the mac forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Folks there can help you for Mac.

Do post your Mac Specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 53 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Ah, didn't realize there was a separate forum. Thanks!
Message 26 of 53 (814 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Pineapple_Stef  Not at all..  just that the other poster had said more than once that they 'didn't want to post them'.. even though asked by one of our 'resident Heroes'.. Wink

nb: I don't 'read' dxdiag, though I used to (but not up to date anymore), however the Heroes and Pro's do, such as Crinrict, and Kreatora, and need them to help people.

Message 27 of 53 (796 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I just went and got my dxdiag for you. Again I reiterate that this is an older computer (runs Windows 7). Repairing the game via origin did allow me to actually boot and play the game (although still rather slow), however most of my issues now appear to be bugs or glitches surrounding gameplay, such as sims getting stuck in rooms that are not locked, sims standing idly while their needs plummet, etc. Debugging via testing cheats has not eliminated this problem. I've attached the dxdiag results to this post. Really hoping we can figure out a fix for all of these issues.

Message 28 of 53 (853 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pwrhngry432 

Your PC is below minimum requirements. Try to set graphics to low and enable laptop mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 29 of 53 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've already tried setting everything to the lowest settings possible. I just assumed if it was below minimum requirements the game wouldn't start up at all, not have all these glitchy incidents. And also have these minimum requirements changed since the patch or have they been the same for a while? Because to me what it sounds like is that because of this new rebranding I have to spend thousands of dollars for a new computer to play this game that I've already spent hundreds on.

One of the reasons I loved this game and spent so much money on it was BECAUSE it was so accessible to play, even on my slower, older computer. Ever since Dell ripped me off with my newer computer, I've been forced to use my older pc for gaming, and one by one I've been losing my ability to play my favorite games due to updates similar to this one. I simply do not have the money to buy a new computer at this time, and quite frankly I'm not sure I ever will. Sims was my last game that I was able to play that I truly enjoyed, and now because of this patch It's been taken from me. Needless to say, I'm hurt and disappointed.

Edit: Btw this is probably why no one else wanted to post their dxdiag. Because the moment we do, it places the onus of fixing the problem to the people who have significantly less ability to fix it, ie us the players. A lot of us don't have the money to shell out for a new pc to play this game now that this patch has shut us down. Meanwhile the developers have all the power to revert the game back to the state it was before the update.

Also I'm noticing now that my first response to this got deleted somehow. All your recommended steps had already been implemented prior to this patch even hitting my computer, and the game seemed to run just fine before this patch. Were these minimum requirements always in place or are they brand new to this update?

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 30 of 53 (769 Views)