by Michalik2429

Original Post

Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

Hero (Retired)
@pwrhngry432

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. If you don't use mods - skip this step.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA
Message 11 of 53 (2,422 Views)

★ Apprentice

Man that sucks. Yeah I don’t understand it because my laptop is an acer gaming laptop according to the company I’m financing it threw. 

I will I’ll have a hissy fit if my self build gaming PC doesn’t run sims like a dream. Saturday I will find out once it’s finished just waiting on one last part. 

Oh oh btw if you want to get a better gaming PC, DO NOT BUY STORE PRE BUILT. lol o learned that mistake very recently when I financed a gaming pc back in 2015-2016. I paid 3000$ Canadian for a computer that was 1000$ cad at the time, and is now only 600 max now. And then find out that this specific model even  tho this specific model is suppose to be upgradable, it wasn’t. Which was strange. I deff got screwed because easy home was giving out the locked non upgradable version even tho online it doesn’t exist. Makes NO sense, after calling bunch of computer tech guys and having them check it out they told me I was given a computer that all the parts were locked with each other, so I would have had to upgrade all the parts not just the cpu that had broken. So I decided NOPE. 

Im building my own and it’s come out to be way cheaper than buying anything mid entry pre build.

You can can build yourself a mid range for 300-400 Canadian so like cheaper American. And one in building costed me 585$ And that’s with paying someone to put it together for me.  

Message 12 of 53 (2,425 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Michalik2429
Laggy game
Probable reasons:
1.Cause - errors of the files inside the game folder/ Documents.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
If it will not work try doing a factory reset as is described here
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199
2. Cause -outdated mods or CC
If you have any mods
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
3. Cause - connection with the internet.
Unknown program in the background that connects to the internet lowers FPS rate. It is so low, that to play is near impossible
Disconnect your internet completely and try without this.
4. Cause - problems with the computer (The computer does not meet the requirements of the game, failure Windows updates. week graphic card, outdated graphics card drivers, software failures, the ventilation system is dirty and the computer overheats when it is working hard)
Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply
Message 13 of 53 (2,424 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: I repaired the game via the origin client and the game itself seems to be running better as far as I can tell with one exception: While my newly created sim was in his apartment, 3 neighbors came by to welcome, except the typical social event did not proc. I assumed they would leave eventually as they do, except they stood there for about 12 in game hours, peeing on the floor in this process and complaining of low hunger. I'm going to assume this is a bug of some sort. It seems like this patch needs some work before its actually ready for everyone.

Message 14 of 53 (2,411 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Like I said in post. Never ever used mods on laptop, and my game was 100% fine day before... 

So the lag went away for you when you did repair gams? Ok thank you. I will try all that this evening. Let you know how it goes thanks 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 15 of 53 (2,412 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue just since the patch. My sim also just stands around frozen for a very long time during some tasks, such as trying to have a conversation with another sim. Like you, everything was running fine before the patch and I have no CC in my game. I am on a MacBook though. Also, I deleted all the relevant cache folders then went back into the game and the problem still persisted. I believe it's an issue with the new patch as well. As for someone's comment about making an old folder and doing about 10 steps to try and fix the game, I think that's ridiculous. We pay for the game and all these packs and now we're supposed to take all this time to attempt fixing it ourselves too... I love the Sims, but damn it is frustrating sometimes!

Message 16 of 53 (2,386 Views)

★ Apprentice

100% agree!

EA should have fixed the bugs from island living before releasing a stupid UI change no body wanted! 

And ended up hurting people with disabilities.. 

really disappointed with EA lately. They aren’t fixing bugs or prioritizing what’s important. And definitely don’t listen to consumers what so ever lol... 

only reason they they decided to make the darker UI was because people were sent to hospital and enough people were complaining and wanting full refunds. 

All complaints being totally justified. 

this is what happens when a company doesn’t have competition and is comfy just doing the bare minimum. 

Ridiculous. 

Message 17 of 53 (2,382 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, just an update: it was working fine until I adopted a kitten to my household. My computer froze, so I hard reset and now I can’t get my computer to boot back up. I’ve done all of the tricks there are to get past the white loading screen with the Apple icon but nothing is working when everything was FINE before I installed the patch. I mean, I know this laptop is old and I don’t use it for much, but this should not have taken down my machine.

So that’s cool. 

Message 18 of 53 (2,368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Update:

I tried fixing the game in origin as well after deleting cache files. Did nothing to improve this issue. I tried following the steps that @kreatora mentioned and it seemed to speed up the loading time a bit, but my new sim did not have whims and after a few minutes of gameplay, once again froze on an interaction. This time dancing instead of having a conversation.
Message 19 of 53 (2,472 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ugh Frown that sucks. I swear if next patch isn’t filled with bug fixes I’m gonna scream... this isn’t fair to people who paid for a game that should work. Was working until this stupid patch for rebranding 

Message 20 of 53 (2,463 Views)