Re: EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

by crinrict

Original Post

EXTREME LAG AND SLOW AFTER JULY PATCH 2019

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Loading screen on my laptop was 60 seconds max, now it’s 8 mins after the patch. And in game and build/buy is extremely laggy, making it completely unplayable.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t play my game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play my game... it was just perfect the day before the patch and now it’s unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 16 2019 patch

Please help, really hope this is resolved ASAP. I can’t play my game Frown 

Message 1 of 53 (1,730 Views)

Hero

@Michalik2429 @  Moving to tech for troubleshooting.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 53 (1,705 Views)

★ Apprentice

How is that a solution? Finding out if my computer has the correct spec for the game... my game 100% was perfect and working day before patch was released. This is a patch issue. Did EA change the specs again without informing the public? 

This doesn’t make at all. Please elaborate 

Message 3 of 53 (1,700 Views)

★★ Novice

Similar issue but I was fine in build/buy mode. I just get the spinning circle every couple of seconds in gameplay, which lasts for minutes. 

I’m on a Mac. 

Message 4 of 53 (1,687 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah my lag is constant. I don’t understand it was perfect day before the patch.. 

Message 5 of 53 (1,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I think I just fixed mine! I went to the game in the origin app and clicked settings > repair. It took about an hour to go through the game and expansions Ihave but seems to be working fine now. Hope this helps you!

Message 6 of 53 (1,677 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ll try that again. 

Message 7 of 53 (1,673 Views)

Hero
@Michalik2429 There's a lot of reasons for lags and sometimes DxDiag can show what's going on.

How big is your save ? Do you also get long loading screens on new saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 53 (1,635 Views)

★ Apprentice

Save file was only couple days old and only started building one thing before patch day. I will get the dx thing later and put it into reply. Have to email it to myself. But yeah like I said. Day before patch the loading screen was 50 seconds. Day after patch it’s 8 mins.... it’s not a coincidence 

Message 9 of 53 (1,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am also currently having the same issue. I also feel like after every time I attempt to play, I end up being forced to restart my computer due to the game freezing. I made sure to remove cc to see if it helped but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. I'm fully aware that the PC I currently play on is a bit on the older side, but much like you, I was having very few issues with it before this update, and now I can barely do anything in game now without it lagging. Attempting to repair the game now via origin but if this doesn't work, I'm tempted to give up on the sims until I somehow get a new computer that can run it. It just seems wrong to me that a "rebranding" is really what's preventing me from playing this game.

Message 10 of 53 (1,594 Views)