EXPANSION SAYS IT'S NOT INSTALLED BUT IT IS?

by natsnorigin

Original Post

EXPANSION SAYS IT'S NOT INSTALLED BUT IT IS?

★★★ Apprentice

Hey so I installed University Life on Origin but when I go the expansion tab in the launcher it says I have no packs installed? It even says that it's installed in Origin and the control panel says it's installed. I uninstalled it using control panel, when I download it again the same thing happens. I don't know what to do!

Message 1 of 4 (422 Views)

Re: EXPANSION SAYS IT'S NOT INSTALLED BUT IT IS?

@natsnorigin  Try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling; this wouldn't uninstall your games.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If these steps don't help, it's possible that your pack has been deactivated; this is the usual symptom.  The only way to find out for sure is to contact EA customer support and ask that someone look into the status of the code for UL specifically, not just that it's there but that it's active.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I'm so sorry for the late reply! I've tried all of the above and even contacted EA. I didn't buy my key from EA, I got it from G2A because it's much more affordable. They told me to contact G2A about this, I'm confused because on my old PC it worked fine. It's only saying it's not installed in TS3 launcher and the game, Everywhere else it says it's installed, even on TheSims3.com. So I'm not really sure what's going on here, any extra help would be appreciated. Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (377 Views)

@natsnorigin  This is hardly a late reply; people often come back a week or two later if they don't  initially have time to troubleshoot.

It sounds like there is in fact a problem with your code.  G2A is not an authorized seller of EA games, and it often provides codes that were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained, though they may have been resold a few times before they ended up on G2A.  EA started searching its database for and deactivating such codes a couple of years ago, and even codes that previously worked can get blocked.

At this point, there's no way to make your code work again.  You can try to get a replacement or refund from G2A, although that will probably depend on how long it's been since you bought it.  You'll definitely need to get the code taken off your account before you can register a new one though.  Even if the new code goes through, the block is still often in place until a support rep removes it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (367 Views)