EA please tell us the requirements for Ultra Settings (with stable fps)

by SimmerGeorge

Original Post

Re: EA please tell us the requirements for Ultra Settings (with stable fps)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Yes it is strange indeed so I looked in my case just to triple-check. It does say A320M PRO-M2 V2 on the motherboard and strangely enough I cannot find it marked as 7B84 anywhere eventhough it says so in my msconfig. 

Anyway I will do the BIOS update now and then the Chipset update and since it's pretty late here I will probably play-test tomorrow and let you know.  

Message 21 of 57 (897 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict So ehmm weird thing. I put the files from the latest update on my flash drive. Booted the BIOS menu, inserted the USB flash drive and clicked on M-Flash. 

By that time the menu was already very laggy. I clicked on the update file and it took 2 minutes to respond, then I clicked yes I want to install and at first it didn't respond at all for 3 minutes and then the PC turned itself off and botted back to the BIOS menu. 

Update was not completed, the BIOS date is still 01/30/2019. Seems like something went wrong? Maybe wrong file type? I downloaded from the link I showed you

Oh man this is so complicated 😭🤣

Message 22 of 57 (893 Views)

@SimmerGeorge  The 7B84 designation is also in your dxdiag, and that's what I used to search for your motherboard, which led me to the B450 version of the board.

Let me get back to you on this.  Or rather, let me find someone who knows better than I do, and either he'll get back to you or I will.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 57 (879 Views)

@SimmerGeorge  Okay, one consult later, it's better to skip the BIOS update for now, given how the process went.  Go ahead and install the chipset drivers, restart the computer, and get another hwinfo log.

Out of curiosity, what format does the USB stick you used have, and which port did you use?  Is your computer still under warranty?  I'm not saying there's necessarily anything wrong with it, just asking what the status is.

Message 24 of 57 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Okay I installed the Chipset Drivers and did a new hwinfo log. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wQYwAlyhpGhasb7A_miaxPbPtNOKjxz/view?usp=sharing

As far as the confusion with the motherboard goes I can actually see through the transparent case that it's a a320m pro-m2 v2. At least that's what it says on it. Yet like I mentioned in msconfig it is listed as a a320m pro-m2 v2 (MS-7B84). Not sure if there's a difference there. 

My USB format is FAT32 and I used a USB 3.0 port that came with my PC. I'm not sure about when my warranty expires from the place I got it Pre-built from. I would have to look around to find out but I bought the PC in Oktober 2019 so I'm guessing it must still be under warranty if I'm lucky. 

Also the hardware has its own warranty that you get from the companies that make it like ZOTEC, MSI etc. which is handy in case something is wrong afterall. I really hope my PC is fine though. I saved up so long to get it and it's such a shame I'm having issues. 

I also thought that maybe I should try doing a hwinfo log with another, more demanding game, just to see if there will be any difference? What do you think of that?

Message 25 of 57 (804 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Okay so I guess my most recent reply got deleted so I'll post it again. 

Here's the link from the gameplay after the Chipset Driver update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wQYwAlyhpGhasb7A_miaxPbPtNOKjxz/view?usp=sharing

The USB I used was in FAT32 Format and I connected it with a USB 3.0 Port that came with my PC. 

I'm not entirely sure if my PC is still under warranty. I bought it in October of 2019 so if it has a 2-year warranty I guess it still is under it. However I also have the seperate warranties that came with my hardware and I think they are still active. I am not sure how it works with hardware warranties from the manufacturers like ZOTAC, MSI on a Pre-bult PC. 

I also thought that maybe I should do a hwinfo log playing another game? Maybe there's a different when I play other games and the problem is just the SIms 4? What do you think of that?

Message 26 of 57 (835 Views)

@SimmerGeorge  Feel free to upload a log from another game.  It would be interesting to compare the two side by side.  I'll take a look at both later today.

Message 27 of 57 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict So I chose Final Fantasy XV as the different game because I figured it's more graphically demanding than the Sims 4. I never really noticed any issues with it, except for like a crash once or twice which is allegedly a normal thing with a certain area in this game. 

Here's the link to that: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P4ZNHFuUGk6_nArGfIrH4-bIUgnKqcxb/view?usp=sharing

Also I start playing around the 7-9 minute mark with this one. 

Message 28 of 57 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SimmerGeorge  Your hardware is certainly performing as expected, or close enough, in the other game.  So the question is why it doesn't work harder in Sims 4 specifically.  I know you've tried uninstalling the game, using a clean folder, clearing Origin's cache, etc., but I (and more importantly, the much wiser second opinion) think it's time to do everything together.

Start by uninstalling Sims 4:

• Put aside your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it to something that doesn't include the words "Sims 4."
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Sims 4 from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once the game is uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • Review the list, in case there's something you want to save; otherwise, click Select All, and then Delete.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, uninstall Origin:

• First, clear Origin's cache.
  • Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Launch Revo again and uninstall Origin, and when it's uninstalled, select "Moderate" again and Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download and install Origin—the regular version, not the beta.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  When it's reinstalled, download Sims 4; you can just download the base game, to save time, if you want.

Restart after installing and before playing, and allow the game to create a(nother) new user folder rather than reusing your existing one.

Message 29 of 57 (772 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Okay so I don't want to dissapoint you but I don't know I think it didn't work. I did everything you listed today, took me almost 2 hours to complete, deleted the cache, removed the folder an renamed it,  unistalled the whole thing with Revo, both the game and then Origin, did the scan, deleted the leftovers. I did everything together and it still didn't work. I just tried to ultimate test, I put a Spa in San Myshuno and visited it with a sim and I got max 50 fps when zoomed in and staying completely still with the camera, and when I tried to rotate around the building (like in normal gameplay, not too zoomed out) I got fps in the 20s, for a second I hit 19 fps haha. 

I tried playing with vsync off right after reinstalling but the screen tearing is so bad, even though the fps isn't very high. But I have to say I had 120 fps in my isolated residential home lot and a second later 40 fps in a community lot. One would think this is definitely a hardware issue but I really almost never had problems with other games. I play Smite, FFXV with no problems but since I don't play a lot of games I couldn't tell you. It could very well be a hardware issue but Smite and FFXV just work for some reason?

Maybe this is just how it is, maybe this is the performance one gets with a gtx 1060 6gb in 1080p on ultra settings in the Sims 4. Maybe the card isn't capable of more.

Here another 10 minute log I made after I did what you suggested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12GCMtRarpanOZ9j7zxl1BJJg5ZjJgBPt/view?usp=sharing

What I am going to try now is to play around with v-sync and maybe disable the Sims 4 one and use NVIDIA v-sync or I will try installing the game in D drive. I know it makes no sense that the problem would be which hard drive the game is on but since the Sims 4 is the only game in my SSD and also my only game not working I guess it's worth a try. 

Message 30 of 57 (732 Views)