Re: EA.com vs Origin

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

not sure how to fix this

★★★ Novice

ITS saying that i used the code but i got it at a thirft store now i cant play it but i can download stuff

Message 170 of 194 (712 Views)

Re: not sure how to fix this

@la943  It sounds like the original owner of the game may have registered its product code.  In that case, you won't be able to add it to your own account.

What do you mean, you can download stuff?  I'm not sure there's a way for you to play, but if you've managed to install the game, that's progress.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 171 of 194 (706 Views)

Key Code already used on physical copy of sims 3

★★★ Newbie

trying to install my old physical copy of sims 3 on a different computer. when i type the product key in it says the key has already been used and i cannot install game. I dont recall using a different origin account or not the first time i installed it.

Message 172 of 194 (747 Views)

Re: Key Code already used on physical copy of sims 3

@dankeykang2112  Did you create an account on the old Sims 3 site, either www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com ?  You would have needed to in order to download store content, even the free items like Riverview or the bonus bundles for installing packs.  That site and Origin share information, so a game registered there would carry over to Origin.

In this case, the solution would be simple: sign into Origin using the same email address and password as you used on the site.  If you don't remember what that might have been, you can enter any email address you remember into the sign in window and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an EA account will (should) receive a password recovery email; be sure to check the spam folder as well.

If you don't get anywhere, you can contact EA customer support and ask for help figuring out what account you might have used.  It's helpful to take a photo including the disc, case, and insert with the code showing, as proof of ownership; you can attach the photo when you submit the help request.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 173 of 194 (734 Views)

EA.com vs Origin

★★★ Newbie

I redeemed Sims 3 Island Paradise on ea.com. It said it was successful and gave a green checkmark. Only then did I realize that there was no way to view games...   :\  Weird. So I looked back at the forum that I googled about this and, my bad, I should have redeemed it on Origin. So I open Origin, find where to redeem codes, but now (as I figured) it says that the code has been redeemed already. I have spent the last hour trying to figure it out and have had a "chat request" via ea/help open for the last 45 min or so - saying that a new window will open when I'm connected...I figured this might be faster. How else can I contact EA about this? It shouldn't be this hard....

Message 174 of 194 (730 Views)

Re: EA.com vs Origin

@MrsAnarchy  It shouldn't matter where you redeem your product code.  As long as you were signed into the same account you use for Origin, your pack should be in your account  Open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, scroll down to Island Paradise, and you should see an orange Download button.

If the button says Buy Now, or you accidentally redeemed the product code on a different account, then yes, you'll need to deal with support.

Message 175 of 194 (710 Views)

Sims 3 re-register exapnsion disks to new account

★★★ Newbie

I suddenly decided that I wanted to revisit the Sims 3 today with all my expansion packs but I am running into an issue with the packs I have a physical copy for.

Originally when I bought the Sims 3 (when it came out) I was using a different EA account with an e-mail that no longer exists. I probably should have though it through when it was happening.  The issue is all my physical copies are linked to my old account which I can't access anymore.

I've spoken to someone in support before about merging my two accounts but they scared me off because they implied all the games I bought would be removed from my accounts... which kind of takes the point out of merging them. Is there a way to re-register the packs to my existing account and delete my old one? I tried logging in with my old account as well but it said the e-mail wasn't associated with any existing account.

Message 176 of 194 (796 Views)

Re: Sims 3 re-register exapnsion disks to new account

@Meekerino  There is no way to remove your packs from an old account, sorry.  Merging should work though.  When accounts are merged, any in-game purchases and those bought with game-specific currency from the old account get removed, but games themselves remain.  For Sims 3, this means that any Sims 3 Store content you bought with the old account would disappear, but the packs should transfer fine.

There's always a chance that the support rep messes up the merge though, so get confirmation of what's happening before you agree to it and keep a copy of the chat transcript.

Message 177 of 194 (776 Views)

Can't redeem my product code

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way I can get a new redeem code for The Sims 3 Starter Pack? I already bought the game at a store but for some reason I cannot redeem my code. 

Message 178 of 194 (770 Views)

Re: Can't redeem my product code

@Kate22456  Is this a new, previously sealed copy of the game?  You'll need to contact EA customer support for help.  It would be useful to take a photo of the discs, case, and insert with the product keys clearly visible; you can upload it when submitting your support request.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If this is a used copy of Sims 3 though, the previous owner may have already registered the content, in which case you won't be able to do so yourself.  EA doesn't allow codes to be transferred from one account to another or to be removed from the original account.

Message 179 of 194 (749 Views)