Re: EA Desktop Sims 3 not installing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

EA Desktop Sims 3 not installing

★★★ Newbie

Recently had trouble with installing the Sims 3 on EA Desktop, whenever I try to install i get an error saying "There was a slight hiccup and we couldn't finish installing The Sims 3. Restart your PC and try again".

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether there is a way to fix it.

Regards Jack

Message 1 of 4 (1,401 Views)

@jackwp15  The EA Desktop App is still in beta and doesn't have the support for older games that we'd like.  Can you install the game through Origin instead?  If that works, you should be able to play through the Desktop App just fine, leaving Origin out of the picture.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

You can't install sims via origin if youre using EA desktop. If youre using EA desktop it is assumed you have Xbox game pass and therefore do not officially have EA play. If I were to log in to origin and trying to install a game, it will ask me to purchase it or subscribe to EA Play pass even though I have EA play through XBox game pass. 

Message 3 of 4 (824 Views)

@Anomaly-Friend  I can install Sims 3 via both Origin and the EA Desktop app.  I have EA Play Pro, but not Game Pass.  So I would guess that the issue is Game Pass, not the other elements.

Anyway, if you're having issues installing Sims 3 and would like some help, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (809 Views)