EA App works but mods and cc don't.

by ReikiKat

Original Post

Re: EA App works but mods and cc don't.

@ReikiKat  That is definitely odd, I mean that Properties tab is supposed to be there any time you're viewing the user profile's Documents directory.  What version of Windows are you running?  You could try running the BAT file provided in the guide for Windows 11 if you want.  Or, like I mentioned, you could create a new admin account and use that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 17 (545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Leave it to me to be odd. I"m running Win 11, so I'll try the new admin route first. If that doesn't work, I'll run the .bat file.

Message 12 of 17 (539 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m also having the issue where the ea app puts the sims in the public folder.  I retried it 4 times. One of those times it put it in a one drive folder, despite the fact that I had onedrive deleted and turned off. Every other time it is in public.  
I verified documents should go in under my username.  It just isn’t.  
It is working just fine from public, but it it sort of weirds me out that it will fail.  Anyone got any farther fixing this? Thanks.  

Message 13 of 17 (467 Views)

@Bookwyrme  I'm not sure why Sims 4 is doing this, and I don't know of a way to change whatever variable determines this from the game's perspective.  (It should be following the user profile settings, but that's apparently not the case here.)  The only other suggestions I have are to uninstall and reinstall the game, if you haven't already; and to try playing in a new admin Windows account.

Message 14 of 17 (448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are you aware EA app Deleted their mods option doesn't everyone remember EA HATES modding

Message 15 of 17 (192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

again ea banned any mod option THEY HATE US they hate that we seek FUN not CHORE

Message 16 of 17 (192 Views)

@Ak47GiJo  Strange, mods seem to be working well for the hundreds of thousands of players currently trying to use them.  If you have a specific issue with your mods, please post in the appropriate forum:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-issues-mods-en

Message 17 of 17 (176 Views)