EA App: Sims 3 Create a World Edit in-game doesn't work

by Matthew22254563

Original Post

EA app forced uninstall of Origin in September, which broke CAW

★★★★ Apprentice

In September, the EA app updated and forced the uninstall of Origin. I had been using CAW EIG only with having both Origin and EA app installed at the same time. My workaround was fine. Then the EA app silently uninstalled Origin in the background and completely broke EIG. I tried re-installing Origin and it will not install. The EA app or CAW needs to be fixed.

Message 71 of 89 (1,294 Views)

Re: EA App: Sims 3 Create a World Edit in-game doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, @KetaLiren  for assisting us with this. When you say "CAW file", do you mean the entire CAW folder? I pasted my entire CAW folder into the new directory, so it sits beneath and alongside each expansion folder, and loaded my world-in-progress from this new location as well, but Edit In Game refuses to load.

The path I used was PC>x86>origin games>thesims3.

All of my expansions are found in this Origin games folder. The only two things I had in my ElectronicArts>The Sims 3 folder were Create a World (w/o my saved worlds) and one Expansion, University Life. 

UPDATE: I've tried to paste the created world into both Create A World Folders; the one from Origin Games, and the one from Electronic Arts. The saved world loads, as per usual, but Edit in Game just forces the TheSims3 launcher to appear, nothing else. 

I've probably got a few more minutes before the EA App inevitably crashes because "Something Unforeseen Went Wrong", so I'll keep trying until then. 

Message 72 of 89 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm just miffed that EA is forcing us to use the darn EA app at all. I've tried for months just to get Sims 3 to properly download, and now that I'm editing my 3.5 gigabyte world file again I just wish everything WORKED like it used to.

No more editing registries, no more selecting a single processor to get the Launcher to work. I get Sims 3 is an older game, but it should not be this difficult to get up and running, and CAW should not be having as much trouble as it is.

EA is never going to fix this. They only care about their new, inferior Sims products, and their buggy launcher. Sigh. At least my game runs now.

Message 73 of 89 (845 Views)

Fix Sims 3 Create A World please.

★★ Novice

Last I checked the cell phone companies lost lots of money for forcibly making their customer's products obsolete. Would be a shame if the same happened to EA.

I've patiently waited over a year. Fix the issues with the EA App already. I've tried the Origin workaround and sadly it doesn't work.

Message 74 of 89 (809 Views)

Sims 3 Edit in Game fails to converge with the EA migration from Origin

★ Novice

Edit in game no longer works since Origin migrated to EA. Check out my world with over 350+ downloads on the sims 3 exchange 'Nisi Granitsas'. CAW (create a world) is nothing new to me, and I don't use CC. Just sims 3 content, and I have loved to for YEARS. I am extremely dissatisfied with EA's neglect to resolve this issue. I WILL PAY MONEY EA TO GET CAW EIG BACK. With that being said... anyone have any suggestions of similar games to play? Preferably one where I don't have to give my money to EA.

RE: EA has an entire FAQ about this, proving they are aware of the issue but insufficient in solutions.

Message 75 of 89 (698 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Edit in Game fails to converge with the EA migration from Origin

@semlovessims  There's no current fix for the EA App version of Sims 3.  I do want to point out that CAW and EIG still work just fine with a disc install, and with a Steam install once the necessary registry edits are applied.  That would of course involve giving more money to EA, directly or indirectly, unless you managed to find a secondhand disc copy of the base game that didn't require Origin to manage the install process; that means any disc manufactured prior to September 2012.

Other than that, there's unfortunately nothing to share, other than that EA is aware of the issue but probably isn't going to bother to fix it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 76 of 89 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictIt also works with Origin installs IF you manage(d) to wrangle that possibility. There are those who blocked the EA app from installing and there's a new dirty way, as well (found on Reddit and Twitter).

Message 77 of 89 (614 Views)

★ Novice

I have the disc's. I downloaded the codes from the boxes they came in. My PC doesnt have a Disc Reader. Could I plug in an external disc drive?

Message 78 of 89 (554 Views)

@semlovessims  You could uninstall the EA App version and reinstall via disc, sure.  But in order to reinstall and stay on patch 1.67, with no need for the EA App to be involved in launching the game, you'll need a base game disc that was manufactured prior to September 2012.  You'll also want to uninstall the EA App from your computer before installing Sims 3.

If you want to go this route, I'd recommend using Revo Uninstaller to clean-uninstall Sims 3 so that the registry entries associated with the game are also removed.  An alternative is to uninstall the normal way, then use Piriform's CCleaner to clean the registry afterwards.  The free version of either app is fine.  If you use Revo, and you want to preserve your saves and other user data, first go into Documents > Electronic Arts and rename the Sims 3 user folder to something that doesn't include "Sims 3," so it doesn't get flagged for deletion.  You can remove the EA App with Revo as well.

You'll also need to install the correct version of CAW, the one for patch 1.67.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 79 of 89 (545 Views)

★★ Novice

This fix worked for me for a hot minute but now it doesn't... I wonder if the latest EA App update did something to make it stop working?

Message 80 of 89 (493 Views)