Drop in Frame Rate When Camera Moves in One Direction But Not in Another

by BansheeHVO

Original Post

Re: Drop in Frame Rate When Camera Moves in One Direction But Not in Another

@BansheeHVO  Yes, please turn off the eco footprint in a(nother clean folder), just to be thorough, and then copy over your saves and test them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 18 (431 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I tried this, but had a few issues. It seems that you have to turn off the eco footprint in every new save after having loaded either a new save or an existing one. Game Options aren't available from the main menu, so I created a new save after creating a new folder and turned off the eco footprint, but when I reloaded my saves, the eco footprint was back on.

I turned the eco footprint off in one of my saves but it didn't have any effect. I finally figured out that the direction I'm having issues with is moving in the direction of where sims spawn on the lot (i.e. the 'front' of the lot). Moving the camera in the opposite direction sees the fps return to normal (60fps).

I have no idea what's going on. :/
Message 12 of 18 (384 Views)

@BansheeHVO  Just to be clear, does this happen regardless of whether any sims are coming into view?  Does it happen in new saves with no mods or custom content?

I'd also like to see a dxdiag just in case something stands out.  You can attach one directly to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 13 of 18 (376 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Yes, it happens regardless of whether any sims are coming into view. It happens even when none of my sims are on the lot.

It didn't happen in a new save in a new folder, but that's pretty much it. It's even now happening on smaller lots with barely anything on them. I can't figure it out. >.<

I've restarted my computer, created new folders five or six times, removed all my mods, replaced lots etc...

I'm playing on a gaming laptop I bought brand new from Currys in Sept 2020 with 1TB SSD and which currently has a quarter of that free.

Message 14 of 18 (371 Views)

@BansheeHVO  There are a few errors in your dxdiag that may be related to the graphics driver, or rather one of them (probably the Nvidia driver, but the dxdiag doesn't contain enough info to be sure).  So please try updating both drivers.  First, go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose your OS (Windows 10) if prompted, and you'll land on the driver download page for your computer.  Under Driver-Graphics, first look for an Intel driver with a newer version number than 27.20.100.8476, which is your current one.  (The dates can be misleading.)  So anything that either starts with a higher number than 27 or starts with 27 but has a higher last number than 8476 should be newer.  If you see one, install it and restart your computer.

Next, look for a newer Nvidia driver, but I'm not sure you'll see one.  Your current driver version is 511.79, which is only a few months old, so if you don't see anything newer, test the game before doing anything else.  If you have the same issue, you can install the newest driver from Nvidia:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/189682/en-us

Choose the custom route and check the box to perform a clean install, then restart when you're done.  It's possible, though unlikely, that HP software will block you from installing the driver; if that happens, don't worry about it, just let me know.

Message 15 of 18 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictThanks for this!

I did everything you suggested and even found that Nvidia has a new driver as of yesterday, so I installed that too. I restarted the laptop just to be sure.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue. The fps drops when moving the camera either in the direction of a spawn point or (as is the case on one lot) in the opposite direction (towards the back of the lot). I can't understand it. The issue only started a few days ago, no longer than a week. I've done a 50/50 with my mods, I've removed all my mods, I've updated my system (as you suggested), I've created clean folders five or six times, I've deleted and replaced lots...

I have no idea what to do and the disparity in fps between moving in one direction and another is just...

The funny thing is that it's only ever from ground level. From a bird's eye view or even slightly angled towards the floor and slightly elevated, the fps doesn't drop whatsoever. I can't figure it out.

>.<

Message 16 of 18 (357 Views)

@BansheeHVO  I can't figure it out either, unfortunately.  I asked someone else too who tracks a lot of known issues, and this person hadn't heard of this either.  I'm sorry, I just don't know what to tell you.

I do remember a while back that someone said right-clicking and holding/dragging, rather than edge scrolling, helped with stuttering while moving the camera.  But I believe their issue happened when the camera moved in any direction.

Message 17 of 18 (328 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict That would definitely make more sense. I wish I had that problem. LOL. I can't figure out why fps would drop going in one direction and not the other. >.<
Message 18 of 18 (273 Views)