by Taurisa

Original Post

[ROM] Potions bottled up in red plastic cup

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all packs except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After finish a potion trying to bottle up or bottle all up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The potion bottles up in a red plastic cup instead of their proper bottle.
What do you expect to see? To potions be correctly put in their own bottles, not in a red plastic cup.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So it was my own version of Halloween in the game and my sim was making potions in the cauldron, finished it and then I noted this:

Capture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.35.31.png

So I went to the inventory and the bottle of the potion looked fine:

Capture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.38.05.png

I tried to place it in the world and it seemed fine while I dragged it, but after I put it off my sims inventory was again a red plastic cup:

Capture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.38.29.pngCapture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.38.46.png

This was the second time that it happen, the first time was with other potion the same sims day, I re-do the potion and saved just my sim finished it, before “bottle up” interaction and repair my game, then went back and while bottling up the bug was still there; regardless, I have photos of that first potion:Capture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.39.02.pngCapture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.39.10.pngCapture d’écran 2021-06-26 à 10.39.32.png

Apparently this happens now that I try to make new potions, to be honest I don't think it has to do anything with the update because the proper-bottled potions that is in the photos is the last one that I did in this safe after the update, and I already was playing in the latest version for a while, I'm not sure if it has to be with any of my mods, especially the scripted ones, I removed them but I'm going to keep testing, I just wanted to post the bug as soon as I noticed.

Hope this help everybody that could experience this bug, A.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 33 of 41 (1,418 Views)

Drinking potion : Realm of magic

★★★★ Novice

Hello Standard smile I have a issue in Realm of magic. If my sim drink a potion she hold weird red glass ? or somethink like that :D. I dont have MODS or any CC, I did a repair game and still have this issue.... How can I fix this ?

Message 1 of 41 (2,424 Views)

Re: Drinking potion : Realm of magic

Hero

Hi @Taurisa 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Does this happen to every single Sim ? Is it stuck ? How does the potion icon look in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (2,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Every Sim have this issue and potion in inventori looks Fine and no stuck, but i asked yesterday some Sim players and they have same problem. When we order drink potion, they have in Hand weird Red cap and no potion flask ☹️. Iam sorry for bad english 😅

Message 3 of 41 (2,354 Views)

Hero
@Taurisa Also if you start a fresh save game for testing purposes ?

Have you never used mods/cc or removed them for the time being ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 41 (2,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried a new game. Now he's holding a potion in his hand, but he won't drink it. it looks like it gets stuck and drink animation is not going to hahappen. I don't have CC or Mods I only had one hair, but I haven't had it for six months.

Message 5 of 41 (2,332 Views)

Hero
@Taurisa On all potions ? Did you move the Sim over from your other game or create a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 41 (2,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried as much potion's I could and it happens only with some pitons not with all. Some are stuck and some have a weird red cap. Now I tried fourth time game repair (no CC and mod) and I started a new game and there is same problem in the new game.

Message 7 of 41 (2,308 Views)

Hero
@Taurisa can you give me an example of a potion that has the issue ? I haven' tried all of them yet

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 41 (2,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Potion of plentiful needs (Weird red cap)
Potion of the nimble mind (stuck animation)

Potion of nausea (also weird red cap)
I can't look at them all because I don't have access yet :D 

Message 9 of 41 (2,294 Views)