Re: Drinking potion : Realm of magic

by Psychotps

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I get the exact same issue with the red cups, I can provide pictures of the issue shortly. Haven’t found a fix yet. It really sucks though since I can’t display those potions anymore but the ones I made before the glitch happened remain potions no matter where I move them.

Message 10 of 41 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here's and example of the issue. I've attached screenshots as well. She used to make potions of plentiful needs and when I dragged them from her inventory the potion would remain a potion in it's potion glass as you can see in one of the screenshots there are still some potions on the shelves from before when this glitch began. Now when she makes the potion of plentiful needs it appears as it's normal icon in her inventory but as soon as I place it it instantly turns into a red cup, same issue when she tries to drink it, it becomes a red cup. 

Message 11 of 41 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same thing happens even when I learn a new potion recipe and get a sample of it in my inventory it looks normal. But when I try to brew it myself it still looks as a potion vial when in inventory and after I place it in the world anywhere, just like said, it turns into some red cup and it stays as a cup even when you try to drink it.

Message 12 of 41 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@3mmagreen It must be a mod conflicting. Mine looks fine. Same potion.
Message 13 of 41 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I dont have any mod's or CC Standard smile 

Message 14 of 41 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I’ve tested without mods or CC same issue. The potions were working normal for ages until after my spell-caster made a batch which began the red cup issue, batches after had the same cup problem.The save may be bugged though. I’ll do some testing on other saves but I wish I could figure out the cause and avoid it.
Message 15 of 41 (1,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@3mmagreenThat's kindof the problem. Sims 4 is a very impressive game. So many systems working independently and together, one little bug can effect a lot of things in other places you wouldn't expect.

For example: If you place a ceiling light above a dining room table, it breaks the dishwasher. Don't ask me why or how one has to do with the other...

There are a lot of things it could be... just have to keep it in the back of your head until you can figure it out... or keep searching here and see if someone else has.

Since it works for me but not you, you must have done something different that caused the bug.

Message 16 of 41 (1,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps So you were right, I have figured out how to get it working! It was either a bb.moveobjects caused glitch and the lamps near the cauldron broke the cauldron, or it was just the cauldron becoming glitched, but replacing the cauldron and making a new batch after I removed the lamps cause the potions to be made in their proper bottles again!! If anyone else had the same issue I'd love to know if replacing the cauldron works for you.
Message 17 of 41 (1,138 Views)

Hero
@3mmagreen Do you still have a save from before you replaced the cauldron ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 41 (1,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yes I saved over it but recovered a version of the save from last night, I tried uploading it here for you but the extension type wasn't supported. Again with this save, the potions in her inventory and any more she makes with that cauldron are put into red cups. Where should I upload it if you want to have a look? 

Message 19 of 41 (1,129 Views)