Dragon Valley won't show in game

by NickiMinajFriday

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Valley won't show in game

★ Novice

Hey guys so I'm having a very aggravating issue with Dragon Valley. So, I purchased it (STANDARD VERSION NOT GOLD SO NO I DONT GET CELTIC LANDS) through origin and then I downloaded it from my purchase history on the sims 3 website. It only downloads as an object though instead of a world (which I think is the actual problem). It will say installed on the launcher but not show in the drop down box for worlds in game. I've tried deleting caches, uninstalling and reinstalling both origin and sims 3 including all expansion packs, and deleting and downloading the DV object. I feel like I've tried everything to try to make it playable, but I'm at a loss. I also contacted EA for help and a refund (but instead of getting a refund they'd rather spend all resources to try to fix this issue) so, if anyone can help me with this, I will literally cry happy tears.

Message 1 of 3 (501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Valley won't show in game

@NickiMinajFriday  Dragon Valley downloads as an object for me as well; so does Sunlit Tides.  I haven't tested ST recently, but DV works fine in my game.

As a test, please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and leave it open.  Go here:

https://store.thesims3.com/dragonvalley.html?categoryId=12642

and download DV, but nothing else.  Install it, launch the game, and let me know whether you can start a new save in DV.  If you can't, please also let me know what browser you've been using, and whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (468 Views)

All Replies

@NickiMinajFriday  Dragon Valley downloads as an object for me as well; so does Sunlit Tides.  I haven't tested ST recently, but DV works fine in my game.

As a test, please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and leave it open.  Go here:

https://store.thesims3.com/dragonvalley.html?categoryId=12642

and download DV, but nothing else.  Install it, launch the game, and let me know whether you can start a new save in DV.  If you can't, please also let me know what browser you've been using, and whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (469 Views)

★ Novice

Oh my god! It works now! Thank you for taking the time out to give me an actual result!

Message 3 of 3 (454 Views)