Re: Dragon Valley retail copy install problems

by HongKei

Original Post

Dragon Valley retail copy install problems

★★★ Novice

Today I went to the store and purchased a physical copy of Dragon Valley. I put it in the computer, and the first thing I noticed is that it was unusually quick to install. Then, I went online and redeemed my Celtic Lands from the store with the code on the paper insert in my case. I also  made sure to download it, and the launcher claims that was successful. Upon booting up the game and clicking "new game" I notice Celtic Lands/Dragon Valley is not available. When I play my existing game, absolutely no in game content has been installed, even though everything has told me it was successfully installed. I tried again several times, it keeps telling me that it's installed successfully yet nothing is playable in the actual game. Please help. I'm about ready to return it to the store for my money back.

Message 1 of 4 (199 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I would uninstall both and then download them from your purchase history again: https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html

Also look here for more information about worlds: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/td-p/1589911

Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issues. Nothing seems to let me be able to use the content in game, even though launcher says it is successfully installed and my code has been registered.

Message 3 of 4 (183 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Maybe try these steps:

___

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game

Unfortunatly, the Launcher is a very unreliable tool. The more stuff you have, the greater the chance that files which have your stuff installed get messed up. If that starts happening to you. It's best ro reinstall all Store content, using this method:

Close your game and launcher
Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.
When you're done, backup the DCCache folder. If the same starts happening again, go back to that backup so you don't need to start over. Make a backup from time to time, especially after you've installed worlds and lots.

(thanks to Crinrict: source at http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394 )

Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)