Re: Dragon Valley not showing up Sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Valley not showing up Sims 3

★★★ Novice

Hi! So I purchased Dragon Valley for The Sims 3 through the EA app last night but it didn't show up in my game. I've tried everything - it says it's downloaded on the EA app, but doesn't show up in launcher. I've looked around the launcher, main menu, repaired the game on the EA app,  looked around the game files, nothing. I know its supposed to show up as an object to download in the game launcher but nothing's there. It's annoying that I've paid £15 for a game that I can't seem to even access at the moment and if I truly can't get it to work I'd like to know how to get a refund atleast. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 19 (2,391 Views)

Accepted Solution

@lilbmont  You should have received a product code in a purchase confirmation email.  Go to the Sims 3 Store site:

https://store.thesims3.com/

Sign in with the same email address and password you use in the EA App, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click Redeem a Code, and enter the code for Dragon Valley.  You should then be able to download it from your purchase history (Store > My Store Account > Purchase History) or from its product page:

https://store.thesims3.com/dragonvalley.html?categoryId=12642

If you never received a code, please check the store site anyway.  I don't think the world would just show as owned automatically, but it's easy enough to look.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (2,369 Views)

All Replies

@lilbmont  You should have received a product code in a purchase confirmation email.  Go to the Sims 3 Store site:

https://store.thesims3.com/

Sign in with the same email address and password you use in the EA App, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click Redeem a Code, and enter the code for Dragon Valley.  You should then be able to download it from your purchase history (Store > My Store Account > Purchase History) or from its product page:

https://store.thesims3.com/dragonvalley.html?categoryId=12642

If you never received a code, please check the store site anyway.  I don't think the world would just show as owned automatically, but it's easy enough to look.

Message 2 of 19 (2,370 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response. So quick and simple but wasn't obvious to me at first - I haven't downloaded any sims 3 content through the EA app before so I assumed it worked the same way or similar to downloading sims 3 or sims 4 content from Origin. Didn't think I needed to check the email for a code either! Followed your instructions and it's all working perfectly now, thank you Standard smile 

Message 3 of 19 (2,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI've tried to download from my purchase history. EA app also shows I own this game. When I pull up my launcher. It is not there. I've also reinstalled The Sims 3 game before and lost a lot, but it still did not work when i reinstalled everything and my packages. I 'm trying to download the super-patcher now, even though I already have an updated version of my game. This is frustrating. Second time purchasing Dragon Valley and it still doesn't work.

Message 4 of 19 (2,312 Views)

@70a16a89a0244392  If you've installed Sims 3 through Origin or the EA App, or Steam for that matter, you can't run the Super Patch.  It will either not work at all or break your install.

Does Dragon Valley show as owned on its store page or in your purcahse history (Store > My Store Account > Purchase History)?  Please check both places: I've had worlds show up in one but not the other.  If DV does show up as owned, what happens when you try to download it?  If you get an error, please either post a screenshot or write out the entire text.

Message 5 of 19 (2,300 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this same problem but it says my code has already been redeemed!

Message 6 of 19 (1,818 Views)

@digger123lack  Have you checked your purchase history and the Dragon Valley product page to see whether you can download the world?  Where did you originally buy DV, and did it ever work?

Message 7 of 19 (1,813 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought it from the EA app, I followed the instructions and went to the sim’s website to redeem the code and download it from the sims site. The code says it is invalid and that it has been used before which is impossible because I only just bought the game not even an hour ago. It says in the EA app it is owned by me but not installed, but there is no way for me to install it because it is not showing up on the sims site. I can buy it again through the sims site but i don’t want to do that, I already paid. It has taken the money from my bank. I have tried to contact EA but it has been difficult because they seem to not want to help the contact pages either crash or they have a site fault (such as making me pick an option from a drop down menu but having only a repeat of the question instead of the answers to choose on the drop down)

Message 8 of 19 (1,807 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there @digger123lack,

Sometimes there can be an issue with these world codes being auto-consumed on purchase, which makes them unusable on TheSims3.com. In this case, live support can issue a refund for this purchase since you're not able to use the code. Here on the forums, we aren't able to process a refund for you as we don't have access to your account details, but the live support team can take a look with you and get a refund processed for this purchase.

Please reach out to live support by submitting a help request here so they can take a look with you. On the help site you'll want to select The Sims 3 as the product, then PC-> Manage My Account-> Manage Payment Details and you should see a live chat option there. If you have any issues with the help site, you can let me know!

solaire.png

Message 9 of 19 (1,798 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I have tried but another issue has arisen. I can’t get ANY support. I’m not sure why but the site either crashes, the drop menu’s don’t allow me to click on the option I want, or the page  doesn’t stop loading. I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do. No matter how hard I try I can’t seem to contact EA at all. I’m stressing out and have actually cried a little bit lol. It’s not funny but if I don’t laugh I will genuinely start sobbing. Why does EA make it so hard to contact them?!

Message 10 of 19 (1,785 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help