Dragon Valley not Downloading

by wildmay

Original Post

Dragon Valley not Downloading

★★★★★ Novice

Recently my dragon valley uninstalled its self from my game. I have tried to go in game and use the downloads dashboard and install it that way, but then I get "there was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details." I even tried to go into my purchase history and download it from my sims3 account, but the same thing happened. I registered the game to the sims3 website but still I cant download it.

Message 1 of 8 (574 Views)

Re: Dragon Valley not Downloading

@wildmay  First, please make sure that there aren't any remnants of Dragon Valley in your game folder.  Open the launcher and scroll through the list of installed content, and uninstall DV if you see it.  Then look in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Installed Worlds, and delete the Dragon Valley file if it's still there.

Now try to download DV again.  If you have trouble, try a different browser—Firefox and Internet Explorer work best with the store.  You can download from your purchase history or directly from the DV product page.

If this doesn't work, go into Documents\EA\TS3 and move the entire Downloads folder to the desktop, open the launcher so a new folder is created, and try downloading again.  If that doesn't work either, move the entire Sims 3 folder to the desktop, open the launcher, and try one more time.  If DV does download this way, you can move the Sims3Pack into Downlaods inside your old game folder, trash the new game folder and put the old one back, and then install the world normally.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (571 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried everything in the order you said to and it still wont work. I still get that same message.

Message 3 of 8 (561 Views)

@wildmay  Did you try in a clean game folder with both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and from both your purchase history?  Clear your browser caches and try again.  You may also need to allow popups.  And, depending on what antivirus/firewall you use, it's possible the download is being blocked, in which case you'll need to allow it through manually.  (How to do this will depend on the app you're using.)

The issue doesn't appear to be the store itself—I just downloaded and installed another world without any problems, using Firefox—but I don't own DV, so I can't test directly.  If you can't download DV no matter what you do, try another world, again in a clean folder, and let me know whether it works.

Message 4 of 8 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nothing is working

Message 5 of 8 (536 Views)

@wildmay  What antivirus/firewall do you use, or do you only have Windows Defender?

Can you download a small item, like a piece of clothing or furniture, into a clean game folder?  Which browsers have you tried so far?

Message 6 of 8 (515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I only have windows defender. Yes, I uninstalled all of my installed content and reinstalled it all fine. It's just Dragon Valley. A few days ago I did the Download dashboard thing and it worked, but now its not even though DV is in it.

Message 7 of 8 (506 Views)

@wildmay  It sounds like it's possible there's a problem with Dragon Valley on your account.  Try contacting EA customer support—someone can look at the DV code and let you know if it's blocked in some way.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 8 of 8 (493 Views)