Dragon Valley Won't Install with any method....

by hej002

Original Post

Dragon Valley Won't Install with any method....

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I purchased the Dragon Valley pack from the sims online store a couple of days ago. I tried downloading the world but its a 256 mb "object" and after downloading and installing nothing shows up in the game. When I try installing from the download dash inside the game the world by itself downloads as an "object". I have tried several methods to solve this problem and none have worked. i have tried this suggested one: 

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

I have also tried starting a completely new sims 3 file and going about things that way. I do not have any other custom content other than this new world pack so I am pretty confused and frustrated. Also to note I am on a mac.

Message 1 of 8 (1,285 Views)

Re: Dragon Valley Won't Install with any method....

★ Novice

I have the same problem. It's ridiculous. I had stopped playing Sims for more than a  year due to constant bugs and problems and zero response from the company. I finally started again a couple weeks ago. It seemed OK so I bought the Dragon Valley pack and now this. Totally disgusted with EA at this point. I am done with them.

Message 2 of 8 (1,198 Views)

★ Novice

But I'm on a PC so your Mac isn't the problem. EA is the problem.

Message 3 of 8 (1,197 Views)

Hero

The reason that it's an object is because there other items in it when you download it. It's a set that you download and not the world. The world itself is within the set.

After installation you should both have an object end the world showing as installed on the installation tab.

Do you have other Store content and does that show up ok in your game ? Is your game updated to 1.55 and do you see the items that come with the set as installed in your launcher or are they not there either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game won't even update to 1.55. It finishes the download and says to reinstall. I do that and it still won't work. And then the Dragon Valley won't work. I have no other downloaded content. Everything, including the world, show up as seperate objects and wont work in the game. I'm well on my way to demanding my money back.

Message 5 of 8 (1,130 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Instr.Try this

Message 7 of 8 (200 Views)

Community Manager

Thread locked to prevent further "necro posting". This is against the Answers HQ rules. Please start a new thread for any issues.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 8 (140 Views)