Re: Dragon Eggs won't hatch ?

by wecantpickaname

Original Post

Dragon Eggs won't hatch ?

★★ Novice

Hi i just bought the dragon valley world and the dragons won't hatch it counts down and then nothing , tried it a handful of times. 

Message 1 of 18 (26,025 Views)

★★ Guide

Have you tried having your sim first talk to the egg then keep it in their inventory?

Your sim should set the egg down when it's ready to crack open.

Message 2 of 18 (25,956 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes did everything you are supposed to do nothing works 

Message 3 of 18 (25,950 Views)

Hero
  • Does the world show as registered in your account ?
  • Are you using any mods/unofficial Store fixes or custom content in your game ?
  • Do you have any other premium content items ?
  • Did you by accident delete the file ccmerged.package in DCBackup (that file is needed for premium conent to work)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (25,947 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it shows as registered

I download a lot of things from the exchange but that should hardle interfear with the game ?

i definietly didn't delete anything

This seems to be a problem for a lot of people , I googled it and got a lot of hits for people having the same problem. 

Message 5 of 18 (25,941 Views)

Hero

The exchange has tons of bad custom content but I don't think it should cause the issue. Mods and unofficial StoreFixes might.

--------------------

Yes, there seem many people with this issue. Most of the time, the premium content either isn't installed properly or the ccmerged.package file is missing or it's a conflict with other Premium content.

Try reinstalling just the dragon. You can download it from here: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:64982&categoryId=13062 as a sepearte items (doesn't matter which color you download, it's all the same file). Then just install that. You will get a message that you have it already installed, ignore it. Now check at the bottom or top of your launcher. You should see an entry for the dragon and one for the egg as well as a fish and a grey circle.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (25,938 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that but I dont see an entry ? And it still doesn't work Frown Sorry I spent the money on it now 

Message 7 of 18 (25,932 Views)

Hero

Try reinstalling all Store Content following the method here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (25,921 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done everything and nothing fixes it .

Message 9 of 18 (25,864 Views)

Hero

Do you see this in your launcher anywhere: http://sims3.crinrict.com/Images/DragonInstall.jpg

Doesn't have to be that order or even close together but you need those 4 entries for the dragons to work correctly.

Check in installed content, not downloads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (25,856 Views)