Downloads disappeared in Sims 3 launcher

by okeydesuka

Original Post

Highlighted

Downloads disappeared in Sims 3 launcher

★★★ Novice

My game launcher will show my installed items in the installed section, but not in the downloads section. This has never happened before and only happened after I installed, and then uninstalled cc magic. The installed items aren't affected and still run in game, but seeing the downloads section is very helpful to me (from another issue i have). I don't know if CC magic could've caused this? I can't find this issue anywhere else. I attached images below of the problem.

Message 1 of 4 (727 Views)

Re: Downloads disappeared in Sims 3 launcher

@okeydesuka  I don't know how CC Magic works, so I can't tell you if this is intended or perhaps a known bug.  Do you see any files in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads?  If you do, please take a screenshot of the folder and post it here.

If the folder is empty, try searching your computer.  In Windows, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, then enter *.Sims3Pack (with the asterisk) in the search field in the upper right corner.  If you find any, click on one, click the "Open file location" icon at the top of the window, and you'll land wherever that file is, hopefully where all the files are.  You can move them from there to wherever you want, whether it's in the game's Downloads folder or somewhere else.  The files don't need to be there specifically, and it might be easier to keep them as a backup somewhere else instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I checked my downloads folder and attached a picture below (one of them is marked out because it had my email address). I searched for the sims3pack files and only found the packs before i installed them in a different folder (and there was only a few of them, not all of them, and in different folders), not any sims folder. I checked the sims 3 downloads folder before i believe and i don't remember seeing any of the files like this.

Message 3 of 4 (691 Views)

@okeydesuka  Those files are normal, and some of them have to do with the badges you can earn in-game.  I think that some of the files don't show up unless you sign in at the Main Menu, so that might be the reason you never saw the files before now.

It's possible CC Magic removed the downloads, but like I said, I have no idea whether this is intended or not.  In your position, I'd download whatever I wanted to keep and set it aside in case I needed it later.  There's no reason for the files to be in Downloads once their content is installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (679 Views)