Downloading

by bertiecoco5

Original Post

Downloading

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded my sims 3 games on a Apple Mac before and I have currently just bought and Macbook air which doesn't have a disc portal. So how do I add my games onto my MacBook when I don't have a disc port? I have tried to download them origin by adding a game and entering a code which is saying I have already redeemed the code or something? unsure on what to do? 

Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

Re: Downloading

@bertiecoco5  It sounds like you already redeemed the codes for your content.  Even if you've never had an Origin account, registering your packs on the Sims 3 Store site would have the same effect, as the store and Origin share information.  In either case, you just need to login to Origin with the same email address and password you used before, and all your content should be in your game library.

If you're not sure what that account might have been, and you still have the game installed on your old computer, you may have a file with the email address you used on the store site.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and look for a file labeled [your email].bin.  Alternately, you could enter various email addresses into Origin and click "forgot my password."  Any address associated with an account will receive a password reset email.

If all else fails, you can contact EA customer support to ask what happened to your codes.  If you provide proof of ownership—in this case, a photo for each pack that shows a disc, its case, and the insert with the code printed on the back—a support rep should be able to help you sort this out.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you, is there a way I could just delete the download off my other Mac? And the other account is my mums and she has no idea what her password is Frown I have tried to do the forgotten password but no email comes through 

Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

@bertiecoco5  Sure, you could uninstall the game from the other computer.  But that won't free up the code—it will still, and always, be tied to the account in which it was originally registered.  The only way you can get access to your packs is to recover access to the account.

As far as the password recovery emails go, check your spam folder (or rather, have your mom check hers).  Sometimes EA emails land there.  If you don't see anything, you can contact EA customer support to ask for help.  Someone should be able to send you a verification code directly, allowing you to prove you're the owner of the account.  Hopefully, at least that email will come through.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (315 Views)