Downloading Lots to Game

by protocolchic25

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading Lots to Game

★★ Novice

I have been trying for way too long to download lots from online to my in-game gallery so I can play with them. This is all that I want and I every answer I find has either nothing to do with this or it's not in the least bit helpful.Can someone please nip this in the bud once and for all? I click "Add to Downloads", then I start the game. Before (and after) I load any particular game, I visit my gallery... and the lots I chose are nowhere to be found! I look everywhere and it's obvious that they aren't being downloaded because I have literally typed in their names, in looking for them on my computer and results are nil. Please help. I'm two tufts away from having no hair.

Message 1 of 9 (565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloading Lots to Game

★★ Novice

Something clicked when I read that there's a way to do this through being online while actually playing the game. It inspired me to go into the game and change/review every single setting I had customized. And there was the answer! I went into "Gameplay" in the Settings menu and clicked the "Other" tab that lead me to "Online Features Access", which I turned on. Everything immediately popped up like the way ads used to do before anti-virus software was commonplace. And the lots and other downloads came pouring in! Thank you so much! And this was after talking to customer service agents twice! No one was able to say the magic words I needed to hear/read in order to have that light-bulb come on. So, thank you again! I knew there was something easy I was missing. THANK YOU!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (513 Views)

All Replies

Where do you download these lots? In the only Sims Gallery? 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. Is there a step I am missing?

Message 3 of 9 (542 Views)

After you've done that, go to gallery and then to the 'my library' in your game, there all your lots should show up.

You can place the lot after that. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 9 (533 Views)

★★★ Expert

Can you use the Gallery in game?

If not, are you old enough to have access to it in your country? That's 13 in the USA but, it varies by country.

Message 5 of 9 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

I must be pretty dense. I'm coming off as someone less than half my age...

I seriously never see the lots I find online and click "Add to Downloads." Is there a button that will take me to my list of downloads and force them to be added to the game? If not, it seems like that little button doesn't actually work. If "Add to downloads" is supposed to immediately send the lots to my in-game gallery, it's not working for me. I sometimes feel like the button is there just for show because nothing ever shows up inside the in-game gallery. Ever. I just tried it again and there are no new lots added to my gallery. I've been doing this for months with no results in any way and I feel like I'm going insane because I'm the only person who seems to be having this problem. 

If you can just give me the simplest step-by-step process, maybe it can be determined that something else is the problem. But for now... there is no magical link connecting "add to downloads" and my in-game gallery. It's just a "fun" button to press that delivers empty promises.

Message 6 of 9 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

When you click add to downloads, make sure that icon on the gallery website turns to a cog, then in game Open the Gallery and go to the My Library tab, the lots should be there, assuming you are online when you start the game.

Alternately, you can just go to Gallery, use the community tab in game to find the items you want and, choose to save them to your library, or if you only want them for one game, just place them.

Message 7 of 9 (487 Views)

★★ Novice

Something clicked when I read that there's a way to do this through being online while actually playing the game. It inspired me to go into the game and change/review every single setting I had customized. And there was the answer! I went into "Gameplay" in the Settings menu and clicked the "Other" tab that lead me to "Online Features Access", which I turned on. Everything immediately popped up like the way ads used to do before anti-virus software was commonplace. And the lots and other downloads came pouring in! Thank you so much! And this was after talking to customer service agents twice! No one was able to say the magic words I needed to hear/read in order to have that light-bulb come on. So, thank you again! I knew there was something easy I was missing. THANK YOU!

Message 8 of 9 (514 Views)

★★★ Expert

I'm glad you got it figured out. There is  a lot of great stuff in the Gallery.

Message 9 of 9 (457 Views)