Re: Downloading Items

by crinrict

Original Post

Downloading Items

★★★ Newbie

I bought a coupe of things from the store, but they won't download. It's not everything either, some things work and others don't.

Message 1 of 6 (275 Views)

Hero

Is your game updated to the latest patch (1.36) ? For the newer items you need a certain patch level for them to download correctly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes my client is up to date. And every time I try to download it checks to see if it's up to date and then tells me that it is.

And then when it tries to download the items it'll say error downloading check the log, but there is no log and the item isn't even in the cache. Soooo....

Message 3 of 6 (266 Views)

Hero

What do you mean by client ? Origin or the Launcher ?

Open the launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left corner. It should tell you the version number. It should be 1.36.something

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game, the launcher, everything is up to date. It's either something with the website or idk because some items have downloaded and installed fine, but a couple just won't. And they're the ones that I've paid for so this is pretty upsetting. If you're going to charge money for things at least let me get what I bought yah know?

Message 5 of 6 (259 Views)

Hero

Which ones are the ones that don't install ?

The log can be found in documents/electronicarts/thesims3 and is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (256 Views)