Downloaded and installed sims 3 Ambitions but it isn't showing up in game

by FareDotBear

Original Post

Downloaded and installed sims 3 Ambitions but it isn't showing up in game

★★ Novice

Hey,

So i have several expansion packs installed and have had little to no problem with them before. Last night i bought Ambitions via origin and it downloaded/installed. The icon shows up in the bottom of my launcher and in my MY GAMES menu for Origin. BUT, it does not show up in game. My loading screen is still for Seasons (most recent purchase before ambitions). I've tried reinstalling and restarting both launcher and computer. STILL nothing. Please help me out here, i'd really appriciate it!

PS

i have windows 7 and have updated both origin and the sims 3 

Message 1 of 3 (1,154 Views)

Re: Downloaded and installed sims 3 Ambitions but it isn't showing up in game

★★★ Apprentice

Is this specifically concerned with loading screens only yet the Ambitions content shows up in game? If yes, then its all working as intended. It doesn't matter what EP/Pack you installed last nor in what order you installed them, the game will always run using the most recently released EP/Pack. The Seasons EP is simply newer than the Ambitions EP.

The Sims 3 Installation / Release Order

Below is the release order for The Sims 3 and its following expansions. You will need the most recently released title's disc in order to play. The games do not need to be installed in this order, it is simply the order they were released.

Message 2 of 3 (1,144 Views)

Re: Downloaded and installed sims 3 Ambitions but it isn't showing up in game

★★★ Newbie

My answer is no, the content has disappeared, On origin it states that the game is downloaded, however the launcher does not have it in its list of expansions playable. How do i fix it. (I have tried uninstalling and re downloading to no avail.

Message 3 of 3 (665 Views)