Downloaded and Installed Sims 4 from a disc but the play button won't work

by wayloncampbe

Original Post

Downloaded and Installed Sims 4 from a disc but the play button won't work

★★ Novice

I downloaded and installed The Sims 4 completely with no problems from a disc at all. But, when I tried to play it, clicking play didn't do anything. It just showed a loading sign on the cursor for 2 seconds. Recently I tried again after an update, but it still didn't work. What can I do to play it? If you don't give me a solution you owe me 60 bucks.

Message 1 of 11 (1,428 Views)

Re: Downloaded and Installed Sims 4 from a disc but the play button won't work

★★★ Newbie

Same issue(ish), i'm staring at my origin right now and the Sims 4 is grayed out and I cannot hit play or anything, I was playing just two hours ago just fine. Don't know what the heck is wrong now.

Message 2 of 11 (1,385 Views)

★★★ Novice

play button greyed out! cant click play! my last save was at 9:24pmE which was when i last played it. tried again around 12am when i got home and here lies the same problem everyone else is having. what gives?! 

Message 3 of 11 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same issue, Played for a few hours yesterday on my day off, started her up again this morning, Grayed out, un able to play.
I just un-installed the game and made a ticket for my money back. It's a fun game, for 70 euro's, only playable once.

Message 4 of 11 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yep, same issue (just got back after a couple hours out).. Also, I right-clicked and tried to "check for updates" and that did absolutely nothing, it gave the prompt to allow origin access to run and then nothing happened, still grayed out.

Message 5 of 11 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. I played the game just yesterday night, but now in the morning is disabled or greyed out. Impossible to run it... Frown

Message 6 of 11 (1,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue - Cannot find any solution in the forum - the game is after some hours play greyed out now.

Message 7 of 11 (1,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've just UNISNTALL from Origin the game and re-download and re-installing and it worked out, but this shouldn't be the correct solution. I hope this is not happening again...

Message 8 of 11 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just played for a couple hours last night before I went to bed, I wanted to play again right now but the play option is grayed out and I can't play it. WTH?!

Message 9 of 11 (1,187 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@wayloncampbe I have moved your topic from the Origin forums to the Sims 4 section. Please do not create Sims 4 topics on the Origin section.

As mentioned in this thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-HERE-For-any-type-of-issues-with-The-Sims-4/td-p/3432433

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11 (1,149 Views)