Re: Downloaded & Paid for a Bundle, Too Much Content Warning Follows, Game B

by eternallyidyll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloaded & Paid for a Bundle, Too Much Content Warning Follows, Game Broken

★★ Novice

My birthday is coming up and I saw that the bundles were 28% off so I asked to get a bundle as an early birthday present. I got permission so I go to make a bundle and I picked the "eco-lifestyle" expansion pack, the "spa day" game pack, and the "tiny living" stuff pack.

I click buy, my mom puts in her credit card information and pays for it. The notification that her credit card was charged for a little more than $50 dollars for the stuff pack comes up and after that, the packs start downloading. While the packs are downloading, a warning comes up and it says I have too much content and it can't download the packs. However, the credit card was already charged and the packs are downloading so I figured it was a glitch or it didn't matter because they were already downloading.

After the packs are finished downloading, I start up the game and everything seems normal. I go into the eco lifestyle world and I pick a lot and create a sim. I then go into the game and go straight into build mode. I've built about half of my house and I go into live mode to playtest something in the house. Then, I can't move my sim and I can't go back into build mode, and I can't even go into the menu which has the options to save and exit, it just doesn't come up. The only way I could close out the game (The Sims 4) is my going into task manager and ending the task (closing the sims).

This has never happened before until I did this exact series of things (what I just described).

I do have lots of custom content and I had just updated the base game before doing anything with the bundle and packs.

Message 1 of 9 (663 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

If you have custom content - remove it and then check whether it plays normally. If it does it may be that some of your CC is out of date. Check with creators to update them

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (448 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@eternallyidyll 

You should not have ignored the warning that you were running out of harddisk space. You need to make more space available by removing stuff you don't need. After that you need to repair the game by rightclicking it in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (638 Views)

Re: Downloaded & Paid for a Bundle, Too Much Content Warning Follows, Game Broke

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

It didn't end up being fixed. I went to my storage and I still had 132 GB left of storage. I uninstalled a few games I wasn't playing and it cleared up 100 GB of space so now I'm only taking up half of my storage with everything. I've hit repair on the game 3 times at this point.

I thought that "Too Much Content" meant I had too many packs already and it wouldn't allow me to get a bundle. But the card was already charged and the packs were downloading, and the warning came after that so I think it's just a glitch and not my fault. Do I have to go to someone and get the packs removed and get my money back?

Message 3 of 9 (582 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@eternallyidyll 

No, they will work just fine,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I uninstalled the game and nothing changed.

Message 5 of 9 (510 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@eternallyidyll If you uninstalled the game something definitely will have happened. Install it again.
Message 6 of 9 (472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If you have custom content - remove it and then check whether it plays normally. If it does it may be that some of your CC is out of date. Check with creators to update them

Message 7 of 9 (449 Views)

★★ Novice

I did reinstall it. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, did the same sequence of events I talked about before and the game is still broken.

Message 8 of 9 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

@Coley666 YAY! IT WORKED! Thank you so much! Now I just have to go and update my cc... I have so much so this will take forever.

Message 9 of 9 (403 Views)