Re: Downloaded New Game Pack, Missing Sim Face In CAS

by Drake_Baku

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloaded New Game Pack, Missing Sim Face In CAS

★ Novice

I have recently downloaded the Magic game pack and after downloading it in Origin, I open up the Sims 4 and when I go to make a Magical person the Sims face is not there.
If I am trying to make a different type of Sim the face is fine - so I know it is from this pack.

I am presuming it is from when I was downloading and I lost the internet.
I lost it twice. First as I was trying to pay for the pack the first time, and then as I started to download it in Origin.
It was weird though. I had chosen the option to download it in Origin (the option it usually gives straight after buying), and it didnt start. I had to manually search for the pack somewhere in my Origin Sims game and then press download... So I kind of had a feeling something was going to go askew about it.

I just want to know, if I could fix this somewhere without ruining my saves or having to do too much?... I am absolute rubbish at computers, and I would give my all but probably still end up confused.

Hopefully someone can help!
Please, and Thank You!

Message 1 of 6 (1,241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @GreenAvery1395 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,174 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@GreenAvery1395 Are you using custom content in your game ? There's some eye lashes that can cause this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,205 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I am, yes.
But I didn't think that would be the problem. I have not downloaded any new custom content for a long while, and all the eyelashes I have have never been a problem. I also know other people with the same eyelashes and have got the Magic one and not had this problem... Which is why I have been confused.

I have also trialed making a Sim and playing the person in-game without my eyelashes in any of my folders, and it has not fixed it at all... So, I don't think that has been the problem. (After I saw your comment and before I replied. Just to be sure.)
I try and put things on the Sims face and then take off everything, and the only change is if there's a full beard or the clown face - and only its nose (clown nose) and the chin comes on.

So I don't know what to do. The other supernatural creatures and normal sims work, just not witches.
Message 3 of 6 (1,182 Views)

Hero

Hi @GreenAvery1395 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,175 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Hello!
So sorry for not replying sooner, but thank you for helping.

I did everything you suggested and it helped so much.
It did end up being a cc I had. It was such a random one that I had, so I was definitely confused by it, but all is good!

Thank you again.

Have a lovely day/night! (and stay safe!)
Message 5 of 6 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you remember which one it was?

I have the exact same issue that it only effects my witches but i dont have this No EA Eyelashes mod i keeping reading about so your story and that it was such a random one would mean it might be the same one that is bugging up my game

Message 6 of 6 (1,002 Views)