Download Error

by BreakingANail

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Error

★ Novice

Hi!

I bought Discover University and Dine Out via Origin this afternoon and they won't download. I'm getting:

Download Error

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.

As far as I'm aware my game is up to date and I've never had this issue before with my downloads.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3 (370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Error

★ Novice

Mine starting downloading about an hour after i posted! So, problem solved, I guess!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (260 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I haven't opened Origin/played Sims since January of this year. Just tried today and (after letting Origin update) it says I have an update available for Sims 4. When I click on it I'm getting pop up errors saying the download failed and a dialog box comes up saying "Download error: The download server is not responding. Please give it a few moments and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Origin Help." I've tried uninstalling Origin and trying again but getting the same error. Frown

UPDATE (1 hour later): I checked my Windows updates, there was a random one (not sure what it was for). Let it install and restarted my PC. Went back into Origin and it's decided to work!! Currently installing 3 newly purchased packs.

Message 2 of 3 (343 Views)

★ Novice

Mine starting downloading about an hour after i posted! So, problem solved, I guess!

Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)