Re: Double Delight shower-bath combo item has no option for taking a bath

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Double Delight shower-bath combo item has no option for taking a bath

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place a Double Delight bath-shower combo and select it.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to take a bath, despite this item being a bath-shower combo and mentioning being able to shower and bathe in the item description.
What do you expect to see? An option to take a bath, just like all of the other shower-bath combo items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this item has always been this way or if the bath feature was accidentally taken off on some patch or something... but this item clearly should have both shower and bath options, based on the item description. It does not give any option for a bath in-game. I'm not sure if this technically counts as a bug, but I wasn't sure where else to put it and couldn't find any discussion anywhere else. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,205 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@heyitsk 
Pulled out the Double Delight tub/shower combo for a quick test.
All the options are there. 
Try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

Tub Options Test

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.53.115.1020 ReBranding Patch
All content installed thru Island Living
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 4 (1,191 Views)

★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Huh! Well clearly if you can access the option, it's not a problem with the item itself.

I don't really want to remove my CC to find out if that's the problem, so I'll just live with it lol. But thanks for investigating!
Message 3 of 4 (1,161 Views)

Hero
@heyitsk Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

CC/Mods can get outdated with patches so it is best to check them for incompatibilities and remove or update the outdated ones.

That's up to you tough.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,149 Views)