Re: Don’t know why my game is doing this

by PipMenace

Original Post

Don’t know why my game is doing this

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Have no idea it’s whatever the latest patch was
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t even know if it’s a bug or not
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to certain angles in the game with the camera there is white walls or something that show up wherever walling is and some trees and shadows and objects are glitching in and out of existence and then sometimes the whole screen goes white and that recently started happening
What do you expect to see? None of that
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I go to certain angles in the game with the camera there is white walls or something that show up wherever walling is and some trees and shadows and objects are glitching in and out of existence and then sometimes the whole screen goes white and that recently started happening… I even tried seeing if it was certain cc that did it or even turning off cc/mod content altogether through game settings and I turned on my game with it off… loaded up my save and it still was doing this glitchy like graphic stuff even with the cc not turned on… idk if it’s a issue with the game or what I would love if someone could help me understand why this is happening 

Message 1 of 7 (492 Views)

Champion

That... looks like a cross between a Sims graphics glitch and a graphics card dying. It only happens in Sims? I'm hoping for your sake it only happens in Sims.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 7 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@PipMenaceThat’s what I think it is too and it shouldn’t be a graphics card because i just got the computer like a year ago it’s literally brand new I bought the computer in Nov 2019

this is the graphic specs of the computer I use btw 

ASUS ROG GU502GV 15’6"

INTEL CORE i7

16GB Memory

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

1TB SSD

Message 3 of 7 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also yeah it seems to be just the sims for me 

Message 4 of 7 (450 Views)

@NickJonasnTheAD  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also launch the Task Manager while you're playing, open the Performance tab, and take a look at the listed GPU temperature.  Let me know what you see both as soon as the game loads and after you've been playing for at least 20 minutes.

Graphics cards can die after a year or less.  It's unusual, but it does happen.  I hope it's not the case though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I’ll try it but I really don’t think it’s the graphics card because this is the only game it’s doing it in and it will make the game crash… because I have played Cyberpunk on this computer and cyberpunk is even more graphic oriented than sims 4 and it looks completely fine in that game
Message 6 of 7 (290 Views)

@NickJonasnTheAD  I get that, and I'm not saying it's definitely or probably the GPU either.  But the first thing to do is to gather information and eliminate some of the more obvious possible issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (280 Views)