by Laebeth

Original Post

Dogs unable to put toys away

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the fitness and bowling stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to have a pet or sim put a toy away in the toy storage bins (any model)
What happens when the bug occurs? The toy ends up on the side of the bin rather than in it. If I click and drag it myself it seems to go in fine.
What do you expect to see? The toy properly going into the storage bin.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is on a completely clean install of the Sims 4 and all packs. All previous saves and mods have been deleted.  

Message 1 of 8 (533 Views)

Re: [CD] Dogs unable to put toys away

Hero

Hi @Laebeth

I just tried this and it works fine for me.

Have you tried if it also happens in a different house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (516 Views)

Hero

Nudging above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the delay. Moved them to a different house and this no longer seems to be a problem. The pet toy bins also stopped rotating on their own. Moved to house I downloaded from Gallery into another neighborhood

Message 4 of 8 (498 Views)

Hero

Could you check if you still have the issue if you move back to the old house ? Maybe it's not the house but simply moving out/back in fixed it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (490 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Laebeth for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (474 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Dogs unable to put toys away

★★★★ Guide

Wait, your pets actually put their own toys away? Dagnabit, my pets must lazy buggers, as my sims have to put the toys away for them. Embarrassed

(not making fun of your glitch, the comeback just popped into my head and thought I'd share. Was it funny? IDK if I ever am, but sometimes I've to grin to help me bear with some of these glitches. Wink)

Message 7 of 8 (469 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Dogs unable to put toys away

Hero

Moved to tech forum for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (446 Views)