Does saves from Windows 7 work in Windows 10?

by 535Fallen535

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does saves from Windows 7 work in Windows 10?

★★★ Novice

Three days ago my old PC with Windows 7 has completely broken down. The new, excellent one, computer is on his way to me now but... with Windows 10 instead. I'm wondering if the old saves will work if i just manually transfer them into the saves folder. It might be a stupid question but keep in mind that I'm not good with computers and I honestly had never switched pc (the old one was 11 yeast old). Wish you all a nice day, simmers!

Message 1 of 3 (351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: Does saves from Windows 7 work in Windows 10?

Hero (Retired)
@535Fallen535

It should work but you need to transfer the whole folder Saves to the new computer.
When you install Origin on a new computer
https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe
log in to your Origin account. go to my gaming library and download TS4 and all the packs you have.

Then start the game and play a random sim for 5 minutes
Next, go to Documents> Electronic Arts> TheSims4
The path to The Sims 4 folder in Win 10
This computer> drive C> Users> computer name or your name> Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4
Open TS4 folder, delete new Saves folder and paste the Saves folder from your old computer in its place

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (333 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@535Fallen535

It should work but you need to transfer the whole folder Saves to the new computer.
When you install Origin on a new computer
https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe
log in to your Origin account. go to my gaming library and download TS4 and all the packs you have.

Then start the game and play a random sim for 5 minutes
Next, go to Documents> Electronic Arts> TheSims4
The path to The Sims 4 folder in Win 10
This computer> drive C> Users> computer name or your name> Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4
Open TS4 folder, delete new Saves folder and paste the Saves folder from your old computer in its place

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (334 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks you so much for help! 

Message 3 of 3 (292 Views)