Re: Does Sims 4 game save on the actual game?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Sims 4 game save on the actual game?

★★★ Newbie

I am very new to the SIms 4, I just got it for free on Origin. I play it at the library on the laptop,  but every time I i use these computers and my session is over, the computer resets and is made anew in a way. I do save my games and have only saved it once, I wont be able to know if it worked until Tuesday.

I just want to know if the game is saving to the computer or is keeping all saved data with it, so then every time I download it again it will be the same game. 

Message 1 of 5 (672 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Locally means on the local computer and yes as long as you backup the saves and tray folder you can restore them and continue playing later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (630 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The Sims 4 saves locally so when playing on a public computer you will loose everything that is not backed up to an USB drive will be lost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So if I back it up on a flashdrive it will be saved

Message 3 of 5 (642 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What does "locally" mean?
Message 4 of 5 (635 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Locally means on the local computer and yes as long as you backup the saves and tray folder you can restore them and continue playing later.

Message 5 of 5 (631 Views)