Re: Doctor problems in Get to work

by amanski112

Original Post

Doctor problems in Get to work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

-The patients rarely ever show any kind of symptom of anything. In the four days (real time) I've been playing, I've seen giggling 3 times and stars once, thermometer quite a number of times, and steam coming from ears once. According to some of what I've been seeing online, I should be seeing things like red and green spots, whirly spots, itching, thought bubbles about food and dizzy. But I'm not.

-Tthe xray machine and treadmill do absolutely nothing because they ALWAYS come up as inconclusive even after I have reached level 7.

-And I never once have had a pregnant woman come in even after weeks of playing in game and watching the front desk non stop even though it says that I need to birth a baby to move to the next level.

-The staff spends far too much time talking to each other, eating, and whatnot. Orderly's are supposed to do things like mop but they spend most of their time standing around staring into space. They don't help at all. I had a nurse show up while I was giving a patient tests and just start talking to the patient blathering about nothing so she wasn't doing anything  and my doctor joined in wasting more time (you know, like cleaning the toilet, which is apparently ONLY my job and no one elses. So is taking out the garbage. Even though I'm supposed to be the doctor. What doctor do you know of takes out the garbage when there are orderlies and nurses to do it?). 

-Now I'm getting notifications that a patient has left because they aren't being seen, but the beds are occupied every time I come into the hospital by the EXACT SAME PEOPLE as they were yesterday, even if I already treated them.

-And why exactly does my sim keep taking people to a new bed, forcing the old patient to move, instead of taking them back to the bed they were originally using? Sometimes she does this more than once, with the same patient, wasting time.

-And then there's the time when she will do something like check their temperature and then spend far too much time chatting with them about nothing which I don't realize until valuable time has been wasted. She's supposed to be their doctor, not their buddy. 

- Oh and another thing... 4 games and you haven't been able to figure out that its a bad thing for my sim to stand there for 20 minutes staring off into space instead of actually going to do what I just ordered her to? No seriously. With the first game, I got it. Tech was primitive then. But its not now. There is NO REASON why my sim shouldn't just do what I told her to instead of staring off into space doing nothing for who knows how long. 

Seriously, does EA even spend any time actually playing these for any length of time before releasing the game? These are game breaking bugs. 

Message 1 of 14 (21,693 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I am having ALL the same issues!!!

Message 2 of 14 (21,660 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same problems. ALL of them.

And as the icing of the cake, the orderlies aren't just standing around in my game. They're completely useless. One's constantly using the treadmill or eating and the other one's right next to the entrance, talking with the giant bear toy until the shift is over while my doc's busy treating the same sims over and over (hypochondriacs, anyone?) day after day. A guaranteed diagnosis simply takes too long, even when focused, and my waiting patients are leaving in troves every day.

I really like the "order co-worker to..." in the science profession. Too bad that that's not possible while playing a doctor.

Right now, my sim's Head of Staff and he's still doing the regular work from level 3 - 7??? C'mon. Seriously? A bit more realism, like, giving them completely different stuff to do, would've been nice. Right now, the doctor profession is too repetitive and boring to try that again. I had a lot of fun playing a scientist though and already have a third scientist in my sim family with the father being a doctor lvl 10.

Message 3 of 14 (21,657 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am so fed up with the useless hospital staff. Only a couple of times did I ever see orderlies make up the exam beds for a new patient. It's so frustrating to see the staff do nothing but socialize with each other and take selfies.

My active sim should do the lion's share of the work. However, the staff needs to be more than a waste of pixels. Can't the receptionist check in the patient, then the nurse or orderly see the patient to a free exam bed? It wastes so much time for my sim to walk the patient to the xray or treadmill, can't the orderly or nurse take them to the testing rooms, conduct the test, then my sim would read the test results at the computer and try to decipher them? That would enable my sim to be able to care for a couple more patients in a work day.

It also drives me absolutely frustratingly mad that every time I take my eye off my sim for a minute, he's headed to the nearest music speaker to listen to it. I can't set up multiple interactions in his queue because I'm waiting to see what I need to do next in the work tasks list for the patient. As soon as he's done one, like "take temperature" he makes a beeline for that stupid speaker before I receive credit for it in the task menu and the next task shows up. His motive bars are all strongly green, please turn down the attraction for the music speakers.

Message 4 of 14 (21,653 Views)

Hero

@moiraesfate1 Moved to general reporting since this is more feedback then bugs. If you have bugs, make one thread per bug and read the compiled list here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209

If you have any suggestions, praises, concerns, please use either the Ideas Corner: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner or the Feedback forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback over at the official forum.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (21,647 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok crinct. All of these are bugs, not feedback because I seriously doubt they are intentional. Thanks so much for your help in solving these problems rather than being concerned with the section they are in.

At the least, you could have said "I'm sending these on up the line so the devs know and they can be fixed". See, I work customer service too and have for 25 years, the last two and a half as a manger in customer service.

The correct answer is "I see you are having some big problems with playing the game. While I can't directly help with this, I will send them up the line to be worked on for a future fix, though I can't guarantee anything. In the meantime, this seems to be more about feedback on the game than actual bugs so I'm moving this to another section. If you have further problems, be sure and let us know. Thanks".

It's how you let people know that you take them seriously while still being professional instead of just saying "This isn't about bugs so I'm moving it. It's obvious you didn't read the notice at the top of the forum (I did. These are bugs, not feedback, you just don't agree with me), so here's the link to read it. And hey, here's a link to give your ideas and here's a link for feedback".  It was very condescending. If you treated one of my guests like that when they gave a complaint or concern, you'd have been talked to about tone and helpfulness, and continual behavior that way would result in a write up. 

Message 6 of 14 (21,639 Views)

Hero

I do not work for EA. I'm just collecting and put in a compiled list. I do not work in customer support, I'm just a user (hey, my signature says that). I'm trying my best to keep things organized without getting a cent for that.. I'm doing this for both sides but it's not my task to send anything up the chain.That is EA's task by reading these and the official forums. 

I've put so many hours into this and the least I ask that people read instructions so I can add bugs as they come. I spend about 2 hours each morning just to add new threads and make sure everyone gets an answer, merge threads and move yet another on issues on the list or posted right above.

Each issue needs it's own thread as instructions say. Threads like this are just general collections and a mixture of feedback and maybe bugs in there but to find out if they are bugs, it takes a back and forth. You're welcome to make threads on things you think are bugs but this sounded like general annoyances. I'll try to answer each of your bugs and why I don't think they are bugs.

I'm just so very tired of people not reading the instruction threads (and this thread does not give the impression that you did at all) or bother to look at the compiled list which is stickied (this may or may not apply to you so please don't be offended). My post was nothing more than a statement what needs to go where. This is not to complain, I can just quit if I get too tired of it since I don't owe anyone anything. 

I'm sorry if you think I'm condescending and wronged you by moving this, but I'm just trying not to drown in threads. People do not remove their mods and report everything as bug quite readily (most of them then never come back.). Yes, my answers are sometimes very short and I don't express my sympathies for everyone but that also is a time problem. Also, English is not my mother tongue. 

I agree with you that stuff still needs tweaking but that's what the feedback forum is for. Stuff we don't like (or don't understand yet).

That said, I'm not going to move this back but you're welcome to open new threads in the bug forum (one per issue) if you still think they are. We can talk about it but compilation threads like this mess up my whole system. You might find that a bit selfish of me and rather post your own way but as long as I putting my time into this, I'd rather have it done my way. I hope you can understand that. 

Find below my answer to your issues and why I don't think most of them are bugs but maybe something that either needs a better understanding of things or are feedback for tweaking.

• Some shows symptoms, others don't. Some react and have thought bubbles, others have graphical indications. If you're not seeing any those, you're welcome to make a thread on this.
  • Maybe you need to do some other stuff first ? Maybe they are inconclusive since you're not high enough to read them yet. In the beginning all other test are being inconclusive too and while you advance, they get clearer. I'm not sure but the actual sickness could also play a role. 
  • They seem to be pretty rare but I've seen them, others have seen them and you might need to go to work for a few days until you get them. They get more frequent as you level up.
  • It's pretty random who you get and I'm pretty sure they don't check which Sim has been there which day. They probably have a different sickness now. Who is leaving your hospital ? The Sims at the reception or the ones admitted to a bed ?
  • Mine are doing the task without any issues. Not in the lower levels but once I'm a doctor, they do as they are supposed too. Have you seen this on the lower levels or on the higher ones still ? Maybe you have especially social nurses ? NPCs do tend to their needs while they work. 
  • I'll give you that one. New thread for that issue as said above.
  • Who is she ? Your doctor Sim ? Did you give them anything to do afterwards ? I don't think they do stuff on their own (except tend to their needs). If I queue stuff, I've never seen them not do what told and just ideally chat.
  • Your last bug could be anything from a technical issue to something interfering in the background so for troubleshooting it's better to post this in the general forum so it can be narrowed down (and yes, I'm aware that others have this issue, it might actually have a thread but I can't keep all 600 issues in mind)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (21,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am frustrated by these issues too. My sim doesnt stare into space when I give her a duty, but the rest is happening. The way it operates surely cant be how they intended it to. In addition, I will say that the dr should be asking the nurse to do the x ray & treadmill test. Nurses should also be admitting patients to their exam beds after the orderly makes up the bed.

The symptoms are also not consistent. Bloaty head has sims farting & giggling and seeing stars too. Things like that are offputting but perhaps intentional so that we cant take getting it right for granted. Im loving the scientist career, fyi. Havent found gripes yet other than my coworkers are unknown sims rather than sims my sim knows in other households who are in the same industry.

Message 8 of 14 (21,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having similar issues with the Doctor profession in Get to Work. My sim takes way to long to care for patients and when she does, and needs to use the transferring case button, it either goes away once i click it or the doctor pays no mind and leaves me with a terrible status at the end of work, helping no one whatsoever. I also just updated the game with the new patch that says it fixed that problem. Is anyone else still going through it like me?

Message 9 of 14 (21,585 Views)

★ Novice

I can't even get past Lvl 8 of the doctor career , how am I supposed to deliver a baby when none of the sims in my game are pregnat and when I do get them pregnant they have the baby when my sim isn't working! I have even tried haing my sim thats a doctor go to the hospital when her daughter was in labor but it wouldn't let my sim help her deliver her baby! Seriously this is * I had no problem with reaching lvl 10 in science career or any other's. I think that delivierng the baby should be optional not mandatory!

Seriously FlUSTRATED at this!!!

Please EA FIX THIS!!

Message 10 of 14 (21,555 Views)