Re: Doctor Career Glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@Lillypilly Did you use a different Sim for the second test or the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A different sim. 

Message 12 of 20 (548 Views)

Hero
@Lillypilly Could you try exporting the problem Sim to the library and new save and check if it also happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (542 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ah, never thought of that. Let me see. 

Message 14 of 20 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey, Crincrit, I think I've worked it out.  I saved my current family to my library and started a new game with them. The same issue kept happening. I got frustrated and started an entire new game with new sims and the issue went away. Then I remembered that I had issues in the detective career with another sim from the same world as my doctor. It's a downloaded world. So I tested my glitchy doctor sim in the EA world and the issue went away. I tested my detective as well, and the same; no issues. The new update has bugged out the world I downloaded. I deleted it, and so far all glitches have disappeared. 
Thank you for the fast replies and suggestions. 

Message 15 of 20 (1,234 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Lillypilly So happy you got this worked out.
You said "It's a downloaded world" which makes me think the person setting up that save may have made alterations that unintentionally causes issues.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 16 of 20 (506 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EuphorialQueen, I'm not sure. It worked well with the doctor career until Island Living. The detective career was really glitchy, so idk... You'd hope the person who made it wouldn't do something deliberately.
Message 17 of 20 (501 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Lillypilly Custom worlds can be fun but as you discovered do not always play well with original content. I am certain it was not intentional. You might want to try contacting the creator to let them know what happened in your game.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 18 of 20 (496 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EuphorialQueen, I completely read your reply wrong. I saw intentionally, instead of unintentionally, oy... My brain is still foggy. I was up all night trying to fix my buggy game. I think I'll just keep the original game worlds and edit them individually. Less stress all around.
Message 19 of 20 (488 Views)

Hero
@Lillypilly Glad you found the cause. Moving this to tech.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (469 Views)